LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / Light Commercial Truck Discussion / 1937 Ford Pickup V 60

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: 1937 Ford Pickup V 60

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

Plslack
10-15-2022 @ 11:41 AM

I’m looking for some guidance. I’ve owned this vehicle for twenty years. The engine is worn out and not feasible to be rebuilt. I want to make this vehicle a daily driver for my wife. Any suggestions would be helpful. I would like to find out what kind of process have been used by others. Need To go to hydraulic brakes and power steering. Would like to keep as much of the stock frame as possible. Not looking to make it a hot rod or a rat rod just a safe daily driver. My email patricslack@me.com or cell 425 359 5807.

1937 Ford Pickup V/8 60 Hp
Thanks in advance Patric

1931 Flamingo
10-20-2022 @ 6:40 AM

You might want to ask this question either on the HAMB or the FordBarn...............

Paul in CT

trjford8
10-20-2022 @ 7:13 AM
Senior

Patric, if you enable your private messages for this forum I can send you some info on what you will need to do.

rustedorrotting
12-12-2022 @ 3:07 PM

My neighbor in California put a 40 on a Ford Ranger standard bed 2 wheel drive frame made mounts and got the best of both worlds. Automatic, front disc brakes, power steering, a/c. you might look into it. Myself, I like original. Well almost.

carcrazy
12-12-2022 @ 9:18 PM
Senior

If you are willing to do the work required to convert the vehicle to an open driveline, an excellent choice for a powerplant would be the Ford Vulcan 3.0L V-6 Engine from a 1991 to 2008 Ford Ranger Pickup. This engine features a weight of 400 pounds as compared to the 375 pounds of the original Ford V8-60 engine.
The Vulcan is a virtually bulletproof engine which features a cast iron cylinder block and heads. If you want a manual transmission, look for a Ranger that has the Mazda 5-Speed manual from the factory. All Vulcans feature Electronic Fuel Injection so be sure to get the EEC-IV electronic control unit, wiring harness, all of the sensors and actuators from the same vehicle as the engine. The 1992 and later Vulcan engines have roller lifters so can use the modern multigrade motor oils which don't have the ZDDP additives required by flat tappet engines.
These engines produce 140 HP or more and 160 Lb-Ft or more torque. Expect to obtain adequate power, excellent fuel economy and great reliability. If given proper care and maintenance, these engines will easily achieve a service life of 200K miles.

37RAGTOPMAN
12-22-2022 @ 9:13 AM
Senior

hi Plslack
that is quite a undertaking,
I would do a cost analysis before tearing the whole truck apart, way harder to put back together,
I would find another engine, even a 85 Engine and trans,, ir is a easy bolt it, way easier and will retain it value
and they are available, 37 to 48 bolt in even 49 to 53 FORD and MERCURT 125 HP
No welding or MODIFICATIONS
but I guess you have a lot of time and money go ahead, and if you have the expertise
what makes you think the 60hp can not be rebuilt ? the 60 hp transmission is smaller then the 85-95 hp trans
ASLO the 60 hp cars had thinner chassis, wheels were narrower, smaller radiator outlets, trans was smaller and has most likely a different ratio in the rear end, also I may have missed a few,

MY 2 CENTS 37Ragtopman ,Maine

This message was edited by 37RAGTOPMAN on 12-24-22 @ 7:22 AM

<< previous || next >> 

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org