LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Ford Discussion / 1937 Ford Pickup Coupe Model 81A

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: 1937 Ford Pickup Coupe Model 81A -- page: 1 2 3

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

v8fordman
04-19-2024 @ 7:15 PM

It is with regret that I have to report that this car and its story have now faded into streetrod history. I tried to buy it, and contemplated one day too long after I looked at it. I didn’t need another project (don’t many of us have that problem) but my wife finally convinced me to go ahead and buy it. I called the owner (not the original poster. He had sold it) to purchase it and as luck would have it…the newest owner was leaving with it on a trailer while I was on the phone. Oh well. Good news though!!! I was able to buy the bed with all the brackets. My plan is to put it in an unrestored, original coupe and drive it while telling the story of the bed. BTW-I am now the proud owner of two of these beds. I would say I have the market cornered. Lol

This message was edited by v8fordman on 4-19-24 @ 7:18 PM

Tl51
05-09-2021 @ 12:49 PM

Does anyone have any more information on this type of car? is it a production or an option?

TomO
08-22-2020 @ 8:15 AM
Senior

You can go to the Old Cars Weekly web site and look at their price guide to get an idea of what you want to pay for the car. At the end of the transaction a car is worth what a willing buyer will pay a willing seller at a certain time.

An example is that I want $50,000 for my car and you want to pay $25,000. After negotiations we agree on $38,000. Two day after the transaction is completed, I receive an offer for $40,000. The car is still worth $38,000 because I don't have it for sale and cannot complete the transaction.

Tom

56MarkII
08-21-2020 @ 7:30 PM

I too have ended up being told I did the same thing on another forum but using a lousy old smart phone which in my case is a Crapple diePhone 5C and posting on forums with this POC is like sending a text message LOL!
Paragraph number two(LMAO):
The story was more than a great contribution to this forum and I never even knew these pickup box accessories existed along with the fact I am looking at a 1938 Ford Deluxe Coupe that is for sale in my area!
It has a poorer quality older restoration including improper upholstery material but still has the original mechanical brakes, is very stock and totally unmolested or modified!
Given this now I'm pondering on the value as it's on an online auction.

v8teditor
08-21-2020 @ 9:09 AM

can you send me your email address.i have a member with info about the pickup bed accessory.

jerry windle
V-8 TIMES EDITOR

v8fordman
08-13-2020 @ 5:12 PM

Cherokeeman34, I am truly amazed with your story and the history of your pickup be for a coupe. If you look back at V8 Times, you will find an article that I did concerning my coupe bed. At the time, I asked for any knowledge of another existing one and never heard from anyone. I am glad another one exists. I have the factory blueprints from The Henry Ford archives. I would be interested in seeing the documentation that only 14 were produced. That in itself is truly amazing, but as you have probably noticed, the bed itself was made from bits and pieces of a factory bed that were reduced to meet the needs of such a low production number. The true distinguishing features are the special covers that allow the bed to slide into the trunk area. Anyway, you have a great story with your bed while mine just came from an auction sale in Colorado.

v8teditor
06-02-2020 @ 12:56 PM

I have been following the comments here about your 1937 Coupe and the rare Pickup box accessory. Hopefully you'll find the paperwork and photos to verify the car's history and I definitely would be interested in it for the V-8 TIMES. Keep me posted.

TomO
06-02-2020 @ 7:46 AM
Senior

My condolences on losing your wife.

With the documentation that you have, the car would appeal to Ford collectors, WWII memorabilia collectors, and general history collectors. This is a much wider audience than a restored car would have.

Another option is to bring it back to the "as found" condition and then donate it with the documentation to a museum, where it could educate and be enjoyed by many people.

The story of the car does belong in the V-8 Times. It is too important to lose.

Tom

efv8CofAAdmin
06-01-2020 @ 8:59 PM
Administrator

I would like to recommend that when you find the pictures, letters and other paperwork, that you spend a night and write down the story and send it to our editor of our award winning magazine, The V-8 TIMES.
These are stories that will be lost over time and being that this one is interesting and has documentation it is all the more important.
You can contact the V-8 TIMES editor at v8time@cox.net

Thank you for sharing the story -- and condolenses on the loss of your wife.

Web Administrator

cherokeeman34
06-01-2020 @ 7:28 PM

well I'm looking for the letter and pictures Commander Bowman gave me, my wife died from Leukemia and I'm still going through stuff and finding things, I have the letter he wrote to me and also the pictures of the car at Pearl Harbor in the aftermath, its got some very good history and I just don't know if I should restore it or put the engine back in it and put the front end back on as is like I got it and like it was at Pearl Harbor. I've got pictures of Commander Bowman standing next to it at Pearl Harbor in the aftermath of the bombing. So I really don't know which way to go and what its really worth.

Thanks, Jimmy

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2 3

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org