LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / Light Commercial Truck Discussion / 1934 BB Truck water pumps needed

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: 1934 BB Truck water pumps needed -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

36 conv sedan
12-25-2009 @ 9:22 PM

Hi everybody:

I am new to the forum. I just bought a 1934 BB flat bed truck. It hasn't run for about 30 years. To my surprise, at some point, the water pumps were removed and never replaced, probably to correct some problem which was never finished.

Where can I get the correct water pumps for my truck? Any info on what years used the same water pumps?

Thanks,
Victor

trjford8
12-26-2009 @ 8:16 AM
Senior

Just to mke sure you have the correct motor, where are the pumps located? On the heads or on the block? The correct motor should have them on the block. I don't believe tghe head mounted pumps are reproduced. If you need them you will either have to find a NOS set or find some used ones to have them rebuilt. If you have the later motor with the block mounted pumps you can get new pumps from Bob Drake, Speedway Motors or a variety of V-8 parts suppliers.

37RAGTOPMAN
12-26-2009 @ 9:06 AM
Senior

hi Victor
BB motor was a 4 cylinder and only had one water pump in the head,
a MODEL 18 and 40 V8 engine had them in the heads,
and where used from 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936
and for the most part were the same,if you go for judging you will have to find out exactly which ones you need, grease fittings or not, and access for the temp gauge if truck if so eguipped,etc etc,
either in head or in block are being made,
but I would opt for FORD Originals if can find, but anything is better then none...
and send to SKIP HANEY to have rebuilt.
he advertises in the V8 FORD TIMES,
hope this helps 37RAGTOPMAN

36 conv sedan
12-26-2009 @ 4:10 PM

Sorry for the mistake. So, don't have a BB but a V8 model 18 or model 40... don't know which. It has the 157" chassis and dual rear wheels. It has a power accesory outlet in the gearbox. It has a flat bed, once surely with stakes, as it has six rectangular holes on each of the sides of the flatbed, and four in the rear.

So, if I get it correctly, the original type of engine had the water pumps in the head. That it exactly what this one has.

It will not be a show truck, just a good looking driver, but if I could get the correct pumps, I would prefer to have them.

Would anybody have a set available?

Thanks,
Victor

supereal
12-27-2009 @ 10:09 AM
Senior

As has been said, finding in-head water pumps can be difficult, and usually expensive. Given the age and probable condition of that engine, you may be better advised to locate a later type engine if you are not planning to be "correct". The pusher pumps are more efficient that the old style, and certainly more widely available and less expensive.

37RAGTOPMAN
12-27-2009 @ 10:46 AM
Senior

hi Victor
those water pumps should be no problem locating, esp if you do not need to be originals,
I used to sell these as repros and never had any problems with them. try JOBLET in NY
1 800- 221-0172 they should have them in stock.,
or KANTER AUTO PARTS in BOONTON NJ.1 800 526 1096
Kanter wants $135.00 plus $25.00 core charge,each,says limited lifetime warranty
get a few V8 VENDERS CATALOGS,this will help locating the parts you need,
also put a wanted ADD in parts wanted in the FORD WEB SITE, right here,
keep the truck original as best you can,
this info should help
lets hear how you made out,
if you still have problems
37RAGTOPMAN

36 conv sedan
12-27-2009 @ 12:00 PM

Thanks for the input. I just checked with Kanter's website and they mention it is exchange only, so either I have to locate another source or at least a couple of cores.

I deffinately will keep the truck original. The engine so far appears to be fine, and even if it wasn't I prefer to keep things stock.

thanks,
Victor

37RAGTOPMAN
12-29-2009 @ 11:27 AM
Senior

HI
I would cal either JOBLOT, which has been selling FORD PARTS for about 50 years,
I did give a 800 number to call,
and in KANTER AD in HEMMING'S MOTOR NEWS, they say in the ad, $25.00 each core charge,
if might sound like a lot of money, but by the time you buy 2 pumps and have them sent to you, you probably have more money invested then that, and maybe one of the pumps will be no good,
and you still have to send them out to get rebuilt ?
atleast they give you a warranty,
and are there when you need them,
call them and request a catalog,
GOOD LUCK, with you water pumps needed,
hope this helps,37RAGTOPMAN

Henry
12-30-2009 @ 5:56 PM

Victor:

You can buy brand new water pumps for '32-'53 Fords from FRYER's. He has an ad in V8 Times and I bought a pair for my '34 pickup that is pictured on the web site in the gallery section. Anyway, Daryl Fryer's pumps for my '34 work very well and they look just like the originals. His phone # 909-335-1415 and he is located in Redlands, CA

Henry

wmsteed
12-31-2009 @ 8:54 AM
Senior

I recently purchased a bunch of parts at a farm auction in Montana, water pumps, heads, exhaust manifolds, etc. All of the parts reputedly came off of a '34 Ford V8 1-1/2 ton flat bed truck which was in the process of being restored when it was destroyed in a barn fire. The engine parts were not in the same barn.
Some of the water pumps have ports for the temp gauge (left side) and grease zerk fitting. I also have two new old stock (NOSR) 32-36 pumps that are in the boxes they came in.
I would not use the NOSR pumps until they have been rebuilt, they have been sitting on my shelf for over fifty years.
I can supply pic's of the pumps if interested...

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org