LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / 1932 Ford Discussion / Grill sh*ll colored or chromed?

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Grill sh*ll colored or chromed?

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts first

1931 Flamingo
07-22-2020 @ 6:04 AM

Back in the late 40's/50's many hot rods had chrome grill sh*lls. When I obtained my 32 5w in '61 it had all garnish mldgs and the dash chromed. Owner worked in a plating shop. FWIW
Paul in CT

3w2
07-15-2020 @ 9:47 PM
Senior

Jose,

The list of differences between a '32 cabriolet is very long, but the major ones are: cabriolet has roll-up glass windows in the doors, the roadster has no windows in the doors, just removable side curtains with a clear plastic insert for visibility; the cabriolet windshield is fixed, while the roadster windshield opens at the bottom if you wish and it folds down over the top of the cowl if you really like fresh air. The attached is a photo of a deluxe roadster from Ford's archives, which should prove helpful especially in comparing the windshield posts. The top irons are considerably different as well as you will also note from this photo in comparison to the top irons on your cabriolet.

josemicheli
07-15-2020 @ 8:56 AM

Thank you!

efv8CofAAdmin
07-15-2020 @ 8:49 AM
Administrator

You are not typing incorrectly.
This site knows about certain words that are not "proper" in the language and makes the change for you.
As you displayed, if spelled with spaces between the letters, it is like you meant, but if it is together, then the site makes the change so that you are not using one of the "banned" words.

Web Administrator

josemicheli
07-15-2020 @ 6:41 AM

I don't know why but I'm typing correctly but when I send the message the word "s h e l l" converts into " s h * l l " sorry about this issue...

josemicheli
07-15-2020 @ 6:37 AM

Hello David
Really appreciate your answer, that's clear now that chromed grill sh*ll for sure wasn't a factory option and probably someone back on 60's or 70's really like chromed stuff. I really like grill sh*ll at same color of the body that's really identifies the 32's.
I'm pretty new on this Ford 32 world and I'm wondering whats the difference you spotted between cabriolet's and roadster's the only thing that I know (consider that I'm a beginner at 32's) its the side window's and also the top.
What are the other points of difference between the models?
Regards
Jose

3w2
07-14-2020 @ 10:08 PM
Senior

Boa noite, Jose,

Assuming that the subject cabriolet (with respect, a roadster does not have windows in the doors like the car in your photo) has been in Brasil since it was new, most of its components were manufactured in the U.S. and exported to Brasil and assembled locally or imported already assembled from the U.S. While there is some evidence that some European '32s may have originally had chrome plated radiator sh*lls, none of the North American (and therefore South American) '32s had anything but body color radiator sh*lls. Likewise, none of the other components that you mention were chrome plated on the North and South American '32s.

However, the radiator sh*ll in your photo is the commercial/big truck version, not the passenger car version, so it definitely has been changed by a prior owner. The commercial/big truck version was manufactured in one piece whereas with the passenger car version, the grill and radiator sh*ll were two separate components with the radiator sh*ll originally painted body color and the grill was originally painted a light gray and it was surrounded by a stainless molding as shown in the attached photo.

(Back in the 1970s I literally bumped into a somewhat restored '32 phaeton in the parking lot of the yacht club in Rio de Janeiro while not paying attention where I was walking. I ended up buying it and it remains to this day pretty much just like it was on that day.)

Ate a proxima

David

This message was edited by 3w2 on 7-14-20 @ 10:29 PM

josemicheli
07-14-2020 @ 5:56 PM

Hello guys, congrats for the great discussions that I saw here but I would like to bring some question for the experts in 32's V8.
My father-in-law bought a 32 cabriolet that has a chromed grill sh*ll. As far as we know just colored were available according all material we saw by books or around internet.
I'm helping him to find out if it was an optional from factory or some previous owner decide to add some chromed parts in the car.
I'm saying that because we find out some other parts that were chromed along the car like: exhaust manifold, dash instrument structure (we discovered when we disassembled the dashboard), steering wheel tube.
We are wondering if we keep grill sh*ll chromed or change to the same body color (body color is wrong we are changing for original color)
Greetings from Brazil.

This message was edited by josemicheli on 7-14-20 @ 6:02 PM

<< previous || next >> 

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org