Topic: 32 Keys

Carlock    -- 12-13-2011 @ 8:10 PM
  For a 32 coupe how are the keys set up? Does the ignition key match the door lock (keyed alike, same key works both places)? Does the trunk handle key match either of the other 2 keys or is it a single by its self? Or are all three keys cut different? Thanks for the help.

3w2    -- 12-13-2011 @ 9:08 PM
  The steering column lock/ignition switch key and the door lock were keyed alike (same code). The trunk lid handle key was independently coded (a different key).

Carlock    -- 01-08-2012 @ 7:08 PM
  Thank you for the help. Was there a specific key blank used for the trunk handle key and the ignition key? How does the trunk handle lock mechanism work? My lock cylinder turns 1/2 turn but nothing stops the handle from making its 1/4 turn to latch/unlatch. Thanks

FAR32    -- 01-12-2012 @ 7:11 AM
  The keys had different shapes. The ing. and door keys were keystone shaped and the trunk keys were football shaped( I THINK!). The trunk/rumble latches worked by the lock moving a 1/4"? square bar over to engage the notches in the latch mech.

FAR32    -- 01-12-2012 @ 7:11 AM
  The keys had different shapes. The ing. and door keys were keystone shaped and the trunk keys were football shaped( I THINK!). The trunk/rumble latches worked by the lock moving a 1/4"? square bar over to engage the notches in the latch mech.

40 Coupe    -- 01-12-2012 @ 7:25 AM
  The key blank are nickle plated "Hurd" For 32 the ignition and the door key has a round head, and the trunk or rumble lock key is oval (football) shaped head. The deck lid handle have parts under the lock cylinder that have to move freely if not the lock will hang up and not move DO NOT FORCE. Soak the entire deck lid handle in penetrating oil and keep working the key (LIGHTLY) until you can get the key to move about 1/2 turn. You can then insert a paper clip into the small hole on the side of the handle and depress the retaining pin and then pull the cylinder straight out of the hole and access the parts under the cylinder. clean the parts and reassemble, when you turn the key to the remove position the retaining pin comes out and the cylinder is locked back in place.

Carlock    -- 01-12-2012 @ 7:39 PM
  Thank you guys, that is the info I was looking for. My trunk handle parts are stuck.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=4110