Topic: Adjustable seat

jakes    -- 07-10-2018 @ 4:56 PM
  I'm restoring a 37 Club Cabriolet and I can not figure out how the seat adjusts. I do't know if all the parts are there. I have searched the internet and could not find and diagrams of the seat tracks and the mechanics involved. I have the adjustment handle (lever) and know where that goes, but it doesn't seem to have any purpose. A diagram would be very helpful. Thanks, Jakes

TonyM    -- 07-14-2018 @ 10:07 AM
  You might have a 1937 Phaeton seat, which is not adjustable. It may have been used as a replacement at some time in the past. All 1937 front seats are adjustable except the Phaeton. See the Club's 1937 Ford Book.

78-730B

jakes    -- 07-19-2018 @ 4:28 AM
  Hi Tony, I do not believe that I have a Phaeton seat as the seat that I have has a bar across it with an adjustment gear on both end as well as notices in both tracks. As previously mentioned it would be a great help if there was a diagram of the mechanics. You mentioned to see "The Club's 1937 Ford Book", where might I find that book?
Thanks, Jakes

TomO    -- 07-19-2018 @ 6:13 AM
  If that is the driver's side of the seat, you are missing the handle that releases the adjustment mechanism.

Tom

TonyM    -- 07-19-2018 @ 12:54 PM
  Jake, the Club's 1937 Ford book can be found on this web site. The on-line store tab to the left will get you there.

Here is a link just in case.

https://shop.efv8.org/

78-730B

jakes    -- 07-19-2018 @ 2:18 PM
  Tom, yes the photo indicates the drivers side seat track. The attached photo shows the adjustment lever and where it fits through the hole in the seat track. As you can see the lever does not have anything attached to it that would turn the seat track gears. A photo or diagram would help me figure this out. Thanks, Jakes.

jakes    -- 07-19-2018 @ 2:24 PM
  Tony, thanks for the information regarding the Ford book. I open that site and saw what you had mentioned. I have no problem with spending the $ for this book but, in the past I purchased book like this only to find that what information I needed could not be found. I wish that in adds like this that they would provide the index page so you know what your purchasing. Thanks again, Jakes.

1937sedandelivery    -- 07-19-2018 @ 4:08 PM
  Jakes,
Check out the attached pics. I have more and can take more specific pics if you want. Let me know how I can help. I went through the whole seat restoration and it works nicely.
Gregg (I attached two pics but only one showed up)

This message was edited by 1937sedandelivery on 7-19-18 @ 4:10 PM

TonyM    -- 07-19-2018 @ 4:13 PM
  Here is a photo of my seat underneath. Unrestored 1937 Ford Fordor Deluxe. Jakes, the book is well worth the money.

78-730B

This message was edited by TonyM on 7-19-18 @ 4:14 PM

jakes    -- 07-20-2018 @ 3:26 AM
  Gregg, thanks for the photo. Now I know what parts I'm missing. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks again, Jakes. Oh by the way, I tried to send 2 photos of what parts for the seat I had and only the seat lever photo showed up on this forum. I guess you are allowed only one photo.

jakes    -- 07-20-2018 @ 3:30 AM
  Tony, thanks for your help. Now that I know that the book is worth it, maybe I will buy that book.
Thanks, Jakes

len47merc    -- 07-20-2018 @ 4:19 AM
  jakes - the system allows one photo per post/reply. If you have multiple photos to post simply create another reply and post another pic with each successive reply.

Steve

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12111