Topic: 35 36 Waterfall

Sneezer    -- 02-15-2018 @ 2:18 PM
  I have a 1935 Standard five window coupe that I am trying to install a waterfall in the center dash. Thus far I have now been able to get a decent fit appearance wise. Problem is in the area of the windshield crank. The curved area does not fit flush to the dash and the screw to attach the handle to the crank mechanism is to short. Any help on solving my problem would be appreciated. Regards: Arnie

ken ct.    -- 02-15-2018 @ 3:31 PM
  Are you sure you have a correct 35 WF its slightly different than a 36 WF ,though I think the side contoure is the same,have you tried a longer screw to pull the WF closer to the dash ???? ken ct. sounds like somethings bent some where ?

Sneezer    -- 02-16-2018 @ 8:10 AM
  Thanks for the reply. Have done some more research and I may have identified the problem. Attached is the mounting area of my dash with a lip protruding outward where the windshield opening handle goes in. My next post will show a photo of a dash on Ebay with the lip missing

Sneezer    -- 02-16-2018 @ 8:12 AM
  Here is the Ebay dash photo with the lip missing. The waterfall would probably fit flush on this dash

ken ct.    -- 02-16-2018 @ 12:29 PM
  You may have a 36 WF trying to go on a 35 dash. The 35 WF may have a recessed area around the backside of the hole to allow for this bump on the dash you have. Or possibly someone installed the wrong dash on your car. ??? ken ct. I have a 36 for going on 30 yrs and know it pretty well. Mines not at my place so I cant check it easily.

JM    -- 02-16-2018 @ 12:34 PM
  That bezel or lip is used on standard model vehicles that did not get a waterfall in production. That piece needs to come off if you want to install a waterfall now. The 35 vs 36 waterfalls are slightly different as Ken already mentioned, but if you are not concerned about correctness, either one for a closed car will work.

John

ken ct.    -- 02-16-2018 @ 2:15 PM
  Thanks John,i didnt realize it was a separate piece. You would know being a 35 man and me a 36,LOL,LOL. ken ct.

Sneezer    -- 02-16-2018 @ 2:29 PM
  I see said the blind man. Just took a good luck at my dash and I now can see that the circular protrusion is a separate piece. Appears that it will simply pop or pry off. will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys. Regards: Arnie

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11664