Topic: 1932 Ford pickup 4 cylinder fuel pump repair

Fixin 32    -- 03-05-2020 @ 11:13 PM
  Hi Guys, I just found a 1/8"in the upper body of the fuel pump. Looks like only repair kits available for this part. Any tips, suggestions, or advice on using JB 24 Hour cold weld? Should I coat the inside bowl and heat it a bit or just the hole?
Looks like carb kit is next so any tips,advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You ! Doug

D Kiss

TomO    -- 03-06-2020 @ 8:01 AM
  If you are intending to use JB Weld to "fix" a crack in the upper bowl of your fuel pump, I would clean the casting by soaking it in a de-greasing detergent like Oil Eater, Simple Green or carburetor cleaner. Then I would clean the residue with denatured alcohol. Next I would coat the inside of the casting with the JB Weld at the crack.

You should also keep advertising in the Parts Wanted on this site, the Ford Barn and the AACA site. You may luck out and a good casting may become available.

Tom

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 03-06-2020 @ 8:17 AM
  hi 32 B fuel pump
maybe you should post a photo of what fuel pump are looking for,
maybe a member has one kicking around and do not know what a fuel pump looks like ?
my 2 cents 1937RAGTOPMAN
I have some fuel pumps but do not know exactly what a 32 FORD B pump looks like

CharlieStephens    -- 03-06-2020 @ 10:42 AM
  I believe these pictures show the correct Model B fuel pump. If I am wrong comments, would be sincerely appreciated. First key is that the lever runs off of a cam and not with a pushrod like the V8.

Charlie Stephens

ken ct.    -- 03-06-2020 @ 1:16 PM
  Yes that's a "B" pump. JB weld will NOT hold up to todays gasoline. ken ct I have all the parts to rebuild them but must be hole free !!

TomO    -- 03-07-2020 @ 6:37 PM
  Ken, the the sediment bowl in the photos looks similar to the small body V-8 pump used until 1937, is it interchangeable with the upper body of the 4 cylinder pump?

Fixin 32, please measure the OD of the sediment bowl of your pump. I have some old pumps that may have the same size bowl.

Tom

ken ct.    -- 03-07-2020 @ 9:58 PM
  Tom I know the upper 1/2 of a "B" pump can be replaced with any V-8 pump upper 1/2 from 34 upto 46 0ne but would still not be a B pump. The inlet and outlet holes are in the wrong. That's not what he asked about though ??? Yes that can be done. I did 1 like that on request from a customer way back in the same situation. ken ct. The small domed ones ran from 34 to early 36. But the later ones will work also. (many choices on this)

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=13644