Topic: 1940 V8 Tudor Sedan Window Questions

gwistrup    -- 03-09-2023 @ 7:49 PM
  I am in the process of putting new weatherstrips, run channels and cat wiskers in both doors of my 1940 Tudor Sedan. I drilled out the rivets that hold the vent window weatherstrips and the upper pivot for the vent window frame. I removed the two rivets that attach the pivot bracket to the frame (see attached picture) and I believe this is going to cause a problem when I try to put it back together. The vent window weatherstrips came with rivets and after looking closely at them, I think I should have removed the rivet that the vent window pivots on instead of the two rivets on the frame. Do I need to put the upper pivot bracket back on the frame and remove the pivot rivet?
Also, are the window regulator wheels that ride in the lower glass channel that raise and lower the glass supposed to have plastic around the perimeter where they touch the channel? Mine look like metal discs. Thank you, Gil

RAK402    -- 03-11-2023 @ 11:29 AM
  It has been several years since I replaced the rubber around the vent windows, so I cannot recall everything.

I drilled out the rivet that serves as the upper hinge point for the vent window. I am sure that I did not removed the rivets that hold the hinge to the frame or the garnish molding.

I did not find any plastic in the window regulator rollers/wheels.

Hopefully someone with greater knowledge of these things will post.

gwistrup    -- 03-13-2023 @ 6:39 AM
  After looking at the window frame and the weatherstrip, the only way to put the weatherstrip back on is to have the window pivot bracket in place so I will remove the window pivot rivet and reattach the braket to the frame. I found a picture of a window regulator and you are correct, there is no plastic on the rollers. Thank you for your help. Gil

Barney    -- 03-13-2023 @ 5:39 PM
  Hello,
I can sympathize with you doing that job. It's no fun. I recently replaced all four regulators and glass in my 1940 fordor. There is no plastic on the slides at the bottom of the window glass. There is only spring-loaded convex/concave washers that conform to the shape of the rail. Swallow many 'patience pills' before you tackle that installation. It's a puzzle.
Barney

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=16284