LOGIN
  • Post to the EFV-8 Forum
  • Post Classified Ads
  • Shop the Online Store
User Login

Not Registered Yet? Click Here to Sign Up!

(Forgot your Password?)
Remember me on this computer

Not registered yet?
REGISTER NOW!

Back to Home Page Show Forum Rules

Early Ford V-8 Club Forum

FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.

The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.

The user agrees to the following terms:

1. All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
  2. You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
  3. Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
  4. Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
  5. No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
  6. No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
  7. VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
  8. EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:

http://donclink.com/deuce_75_1/images/dscn2950.jpg

Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
  9. HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.

EFV-8 Club Forum / General Mercury Discussion / '49 coupe interior

Reply to this DiscussionReply to Discussion | Start new discussionNew Discussion << previous || next >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: '49 coupe interior -- page: 1 2 3

Printer-friendly Version  send this discussion to a friend  new posts last

oldfordman
10-22-2017 @ 8:59 AM

Hi, another newbie just signing on! Been reading some posts and get the impression there are lots of good guys that are very knowledgeable on these cars...
I just bought a '49 Mercury 2 dr coupe. Its black with a gray blue checked interior, with what I believe is the original headliner. It has turned a brownish color with age. [I think] The car also has carpet in back and rubber floor covering up front. Which is correct?
Now, the big question, who is a good vendor for these interiors? I think I can be ok with the seats and door panels, but would like a headliner and proper floor coverings. Thank you very much for any ideas/suggestions...oldfordman aka Don Ford

Bill E Bob
10-22-2017 @ 10:43 AM

Welcome to the forum. You're correct, there are many knowledgable folks on this forum who are most willing to help. Unfortunately I'm not one of them, however, as another relative newbie maybe I can impart a bit of info. I've picked up. If my '47 Ford is any indication, the front covering IS a rubber floor mat and the rear is carpeting. As for interior sources. I'm sure others much more knowledgeable than myself will chime in. Again, from one newbie to another--WELCOME!
William(also learning)Brown

oldfordman
10-22-2017 @ 3:28 PM

So, the rubber up front and carpet in back is a good possibility! this is my first foray into mercs, but have always wanted a '49. I have a '41 Caddy, a '59 Impala and a '64 LeMans, kind of a GM man!
Sure do love ol fords and mercury tho!
Thanks for the info Bill E Bob
Looking forward to making my '49 sharp, looks pretty good already...

39 Ken
10-23-2017 @ 4:54 AM

Check out Lebaron Bonney for all interior items for your '49.
http://www.lebaronbonney.com/
Ken

oldfordman
10-23-2017 @ 12:45 PM

Thanks Ken

vegandude21
10-24-2017 @ 4:54 PM

Have you found a shop for the head and floor liners?

oldfordman
10-24-2017 @ 6:17 PM

Hi, no not yet. I haven't talked to LaBaron Bonney , so don't know if they have what I need.
Didn't really find any floor covering info as to what's correct. I know a shop that will install anything I need, they've done work for me before.
Any help appreciated. Will call LaBaron Bonney soon.
Thanks

TomO
10-25-2017 @ 6:33 AM
Senior

If you are a member of the Early Ford V-8 Club, you can contact the 1949-1951 Mercury Advisor. There is a 49-51 Book in the works, but the author has not checked the Forum for over a year, so I do not know the status of the book.

If you interior is in serviceable condition, I would leave it alone until you know more about what is correct. The EFV8 Club has a Rouge Class at its national meets, where vehicles with original interior, exterior or running gear are honored. Your car can meet any one of the original classifications or all 3.

When you have a chance post some photos of your car and the interior. You can only post 1 photo per reply. To post a photo, click on the Browse block, next to the IMAGE ATTACHMENT line in a reply screen.

Tom

oldfordman
10-25-2017 @ 8:05 PM

I am a member, how do I contact the 49-51 Mercury advisors? It is an original car [redone some years ago, lacquer paint] and I believe the headliner may be original, seats and door panels seem newer. Check like pattern, has a blue gray look with dark gray on top of seat backs. Rubber floor mat up front and carpet in back. [newer, not correct]

I will try to post some pics.

Thanks very much for the info Tom.

Don Ford

TomO
10-26-2017 @ 6:56 AM
Senior

Don, The contact information is in the V-8 Times.

If you click on PREFERENCES and Enable Private Messages, I will send you the information. I do not like to post contact information in an open forum, except for a business.

Tom

<< previous || next >> 
PAGE: 1 2 3

NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER AND BE LOGGED IN TO POST (and reply to) messages in this forum. If you are a first time user, please click the CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT in the masthead above to register and Log In. After that, all you do is LOG IN to enjoy using this site.

DISCLAIMER: The V-8 Club does no independent testing of any of the opinions, thoughts or suggestions presented in the website on the Forum, in the Tech Tips section, or any section. A reader should consider the website to be a forum wherein differing solutions to a particular set of circumstances may be discussed. Ultimately, the selection of an item for an individual's vehicle must be based upon the independent study of the vehicle owner in consultation with people in the hobby and restoration experts.

EFV-8 Club Forum Home | Back to Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © 2009 - EFV-8.org