Topic: rear view mirror 41 3/4 ton pickup

denofiniquity    -- 04-06-2022 @ 10:43 AM
  Does anyone have any details on original inside rear view? What does the mount look like, how is it mounted, etc?

nelsb01    -- 04-06-2022 @ 12:51 PM
  First thing you should check to see is if there are 'dimples' in the center of the metal panel above the windshield. If you can find them, then there was a interior rear view mirror. If not, then there was not one originally used on your pickup.
Ford used these dimples to assist the assembly line and dealers with adding such items as rear view mirrors and sun visors, as those dimples were where the holes were drilled to install the items.

denofiniquity    -- 04-06-2022 @ 1:41 PM
  Thanks for the reply Nels.
I have 2 of these trucks. Made 1 good one from those. Both had inside mirrors, not necessarily original. The mounting of each mirror not the same., one has a 'pad' with 2 holes on each side, the other has a threaded shaft out back. Neither were mounting correctly. No dimples in that area, however there are dimples for the visors, (never had visors). No place to screw in the mirror with shaft, and the other with "bat wings" with 2 screw holes doesn't really fit either. Long story, sorry about that. Really would like it to be as close to original as possible. Do you know where I might find photos?

nelsb01    -- 04-06-2022 @ 7:20 PM
  I tried to find a picture in the book Ford Trucks Since 1905 by Wagner there was no picture of any mirror from the photos in the book.

Those photos that showed a clean view through the windshield did not show a mirror.

denofiniquity    -- 04-06-2022 @ 8:50 PM
  Yeh, same here, green book lists a part no. Have numerous ford catalogs and books, and only pic so far showing a mirror is in a woody wagon.

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 06-09-2022 @ 11:00 AM
  rear view mirror
I came accross this mirror the other day
I do not know if what truck or car it fits,
but is all original,
something like this might work for you ?
hope this helps, 37 Ragopman
I will post this on CLASSIFIED SECTION for sale

denofiniquity    -- 07-02-2022 @ 11:49 AM
  Thank you Ragtop Man. One of mirrors from our 2 trucks matched what you showed, but c to c screw holes not wide enough to catch the windshield trim, so welded on some sheet metal to make mirror mt wide enough, grinding and shaping etc, and it works perfectly. So how it mounted originally, don't really know, but this is perfect. Thanks again.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=21&Topic=15580