Topic: 32 vin

Pacos Paul    -- 10-13-2015 @ 4:26 PM
  Where is the vin. numbers on my 32 ford roadster V8
I thought on the top of the left front frame rail in front of the steering box. If so do I have to remove the fender or is their a trick. I looked on the bell housing in the middle, top to bottom and nothing.
Any help Paul

CharlieStephens    -- 10-13-2015 @ 5:38 PM
  The VIN should be in the center top of the transmission but the DMV will want to use the one on the frame. You shouldn't have to remove the fender if it was stamped correctly at the factory. The only trick would be to scr*pe off the paint and grease. If worse comes to worse (at the DMV) it is also two other places on the top of the left frame rail where the body will need to be lifted to see it. Another possibility on the VIN is that if the State of California DMV assigned a number it would be on a plate riveted to the door jam (plus another place on the frame/body that wasn't obvious). What number is on the paperwork (use XXX for the last three digits).

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 10-13-15 @ 7:16 PM

Pacos Paul    -- 10-14-2015 @ 2:04 PM
  Grease and oil and dirt. On my cream puff!!!!!!!!!
Thanks I will look their as it's nice and shinny paint.
The bell is a different story I hit it with a sanding wheel and still can't find the #.
Don said he will be here Fri.he knows where to look and what he's looking for.
Thanks Paul

CharlieStephens    -- 10-15-2015 @ 9:44 AM
  OK forget the grease and oil comment. A couple of layers of paint will hide the number as sometimes it was stamped very faint. You might as well start scr*ping as the person that buys it will want to see the number (at least they should).

Charlie Stephens

40 Coupe    -- 10-23-2015 @ 4:43 AM
  look further to the rear near the firewall leg even slightly to the rear of it.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=9076