Topic: 25 louver hood sides/ 2 versions?

Woodman    -- 09-18-2012 @ 5:30 PM
  Looked at a 32 recently that the owner claimed had the original hood, but all the louvers were the same length. There is a possibility that it was a foreign model. The car was re-bodied, but the chassis, V8, firewall, hood and grille are the gennie items. Also it does not have the later reinforced chassis. Can anyone answer this one?

trjford8    -- 09-18-2012 @ 5:59 PM
  Could be a repo hood. I think Rootlieb makes them.

FAR32    -- 09-20-2012 @ 4:19 PM
  The one with the same length louvers is probably an early Rootlib. The new ones have the two short front lovers and the whole panels are curved to fit the curve of the body. The early ones were stamped flat and they stick out at the bottom.

Woodman    -- 12-05-2012 @ 12:42 PM
  Anyone know exactly when Rootleib started making their reproductions? This car came from Copenhagen and was sold thru Page's Model A Garage in N.H. in 1971. The louvers are not open as much as a set of originals I have from a similar serial#, but mine is US made and has the rear frame reinforcements which this foreign model does not. I am looking for answers, not guesses, thanks.

Stroker    -- 12-05-2012 @ 3:27 PM
  I have two suggestions for you. 1. Contact Rootlieb- (www.rootlieb.com/); and 2. Spend some time at the Benson Ford Research Library. I'm assuming you already have the Club's very comprehensive set of 32 Ford reference books. The Club also has a Regional Group in Denmark (Ford V-8 Klub of Denmark RG #136 - Odense SV, Bellinge) that may have a better grip on Danish-produced 32's than anyone here in the States. If you want answers rather than guesses, you may have to become proactive. Some recent articles in V8 Times covered variations in the 32 side-panels (there were several), so a search of topics there might help.

Woodman    -- 12-06-2012 @ 11:47 AM
  Yes, I do have the books and most material written on 32 Fords. I will check the places you suggested. By the way, I did call Rootleib before the first posting and they said 30 years they have been making the flat 25 repros, but the car was purchased 40 years ago. Thanks for the reply. Greg

Woodman    -- 12-06-2012 @ 3:21 PM
  I checked on the V8 Times article index and there is nothing posted on the 32 hood sides. Anybody have the info on issues?

woodiewagon46    -- 12-07-2012 @ 10:10 AM
  Perhaps the 1932 Judging Standards that available from the V8 Club would be helpful?

Stroker    -- 12-10-2012 @ 6:31 PM
  I believe the article I referenced was about 5 years ago, when the V8 Times was celebrating the 75th anniversary of the 32. As I recall, it was a Dave Cole contribution, and discussed the 32 pre-production hood sides. Apparently, some versions of the hood sides that didn't make it into production in the US, may have been used
in other non-US Ford plants. I'd suggest you contact our 32 advisor, as he may have the
"straight scoop".

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=5220