Topic: posting images

older rodder    -- 01-06-2011 @ 10:23 AM
  can someone help me with posting images...... I can do it on other websites but not this one ..... Thanks

supereal    -- 01-06-2011 @ 11:09 AM
  It isn't difficult. Just put your picture into JPEG format to reduced the file size, save it to a file, and post it in the "image attachment" box by clicking on the file containing the picture, then click on the "submit reply" box. You can only use one attachment at a time on this site. If you need more, you will have to do multiple posts. If your picture is not in JPEG, use the "export file" feature to convert it. Other file formats often will not post, or require long times to get it done. There are other approaches, such as "photo bucket", but the above seems to be simpler. I've attached an example.

older rodder    -- 01-06-2011 @ 11:31 AM
  Supereal ....... I tried from my photobuckt acct. , didn't work...... It must be how I uploaded it because there isn't a # on it... this is the jpg #
CCF01062011_00000.jpg ....No other boxes come up i.e "submit reply" Thanks, Vince

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 01-06-2011 @ 1:22 PM
  another hint,
would be to set the camera,on E-MAIL mode, if it has one, this will reduce the size of the picture, and make uploading easier and faster,
make sure you save in your pictures, and give it a name so you will know , which one it is,
not unless you have a picture gallery were you can view it in thumb nail pictures,
which photo soft ware are you using,
you can usa PICASA photo shop,also does videos
its free and works real well
hope this helps, 37RAGTOPMAN an KEEP on FORDIN...!!!

supereal    -- 01-07-2011 @ 10:22 AM
  I'm not sure why you are having a problem, unless you are not properly formatting the picture. We use a Sony camera that produces original photos 36 inches wide. Then, an Adobe program to reduce the pic to a size appropriate to send, in the 4X6 or 6X8. We use the "export" feature to compress the photo, and "save" it to either a folder or the desktop. To put it on the site, look below the reply box. You will see a "browse" box to click on. Select the pic and click on "open". You should see the title in the attachment box. When you post the "reply", it should appear as a title below the message. As said before, the usual reason for problems is failure to size and compress the photo.

TomO    -- 01-10-2011 @ 7:20 AM
  In Photobucket, just click on Direct Link and then paste the link in your reply on this Forum

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/mercurytom/brush-spring-web.jpg

To upload directly from your computer, just click on CHOOSE FILE and then select the photo that you want to post from your computer.

Tom

This message was edited by TomO on 1-10-11 @ 7:27 AM

efv8    -- 02-17-2011 @ 8:27 PM
  It is best if your photo is in jpeg format. Click on the Browse button for "Image Attachment" below your message. Search your files for the photo you want to attach, and click on the photo. Then click on PREVIEW to preview your response (photo will not show up in the preview -- but check your message). Finally, click on Submit Reply post your photo and reply. I have tried to attach my photo here.
Best regards, Website Administrator

MG    -- 06-22-2011 @ 11:46 AM
  I just got me a new digital camera. Are the tips on posting pictures as seen below still valid? I don't have to use 'photo bucket' or some other website do I? Anyone come up with some new super trick idiot proof procedure?

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=2404