Topic: Air filter / air cleaner

josemicheli    -- 05-24-2021 @ 3:36 PM
  Hello, I'm looking for an air filter for a 32 v8 but is hard to find, I'll try to reproduce or find something similar, anyone has pictures of the air filter to use as source. Air filter has oil bath system or just regular mesh system filter. Thanks Jose

This message was edited by josemicheli on 5-24-21 @ 6:10 PM

3w2    -- 05-26-2021 @ 6:37 AM
  There were two different regular '32 V8 air cleaners (silencers), made by Burgess and Holley for Ford, and late in the model year an elaborate oil bath air cleaner that attached to the right side cylinder head was released as an extra cost option.

carcrazy    -- 05-26-2021 @ 11:52 AM
  If you just want an air cleaner for functional purposes and are not concerned with the looks of the unit, MAC's offers several that will fit. Does your carburetor air horn have a 2 5/16" O.D. air horn entrance? If so, the air cleaners for 1 barrel carburetors will fit. If your air horn entrance is 2 5/8" O.D. the air cleaners for 2 barrel carburetors will fit. These air cleaners incorporate a replaceable paper air filter element.

josemicheli    -- 06-02-2021 @ 4:29 PM
  Thank you for your reply, I'm using a Detroit Lubricator carb, but at end I'll chose a hot rod filter close to stock one in size and shape....

josemicheli    -- 06-02-2021 @ 4:34 PM
  Thank you very much for your reply, your information will help me a lot with my research... unfortunately last owner replaced stock one carburetor (I think back on 80's) for a Willy's carburetor (probably 6 cyl) fortunately I found a stock one Detroit Lubricator Carburetor at Hershey's car meeting... lets continuous the search of a stock air filter or in the meanwhile find something with similar shape... regards Jose

josemicheli    -- 06-07-2021 @ 10:07 AM
  anyone has picture of first filter (on the right) opened (in case if opens).... the one that has a nut on top... my guess that this opens (what supposed to be a lid)... thanks Jose

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=14859