Topic: original price for LaBaronBonney top and interior?

errolwill    -- 07-06-2020 @ 7:09 PM
  I have a new 1932 roadster complete top, seats, interior door panels and windshield.

I would like to sell, but I would wonder what was the original sales price?

La Baron Bonney went bankrupt.

Thanks

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 07-06-2020 @ 7:29 PM
  Welcome to the Early Ford V-8 Club Forum.

We have classified ads that are free to anyone that creates a UserID and password.

Thanks;

Web Administrator

Woodman    -- 07-07-2020 @ 2:59 AM
  Hello- Greg from CT here. Saw the ad and am building a car and can use all that you have. My phone is 860-913-4680 cell. Call anytime. Thanks

3w2    -- 07-07-2020 @ 7:09 AM
  The top alone, depending on the material used in its making would have run about $900 and another $900 or so for a complete set of matching side curtains. If the material used for the top is LeBaron Bonney's T-14 material, which was a very good reproduction of the original drab top material used on deluxe open cars, then the above figures are understated. Those figures above do not include the wood bows for the top nor the top irons to which the wood bows attach.

The original cost of the interior upholstery would vary substantially depending on the materials used and the color of that material. For example, the original front seat bottom and back cushions were originally covered in leather for the deluxe version of the roadster whereas the standard version had artificial leather material. There is a big cost premium for real leather if your cushions were so upholstered, especially in the original copra drab color (dark olive green/black).

This message was edited by 3w2 on 7-7-20 @ 2:14 PM

trjford8    -- 07-07-2020 @ 8:50 AM
  When you say you have a complete top does it include the bows? If you have the bows that makes a big difference in the price.

Woodman    -- 08-03-2020 @ 2:48 AM
  Hello- My 2nd reply here. If you really want to sell this stuff and any original 32 parts then call me at the number above. Greg

tommymdot    -- 05-11-2021 @ 1:52 PM
  If you have not yet sold your '32 roadster interior, I am interested in it.

Thanks, Tom

tommymdot@comcast.net

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=13983