Topic: Cabriolet rumble seat

gOz    -- 04-02-2017 @ 6:10 PM
  I'm making the hinges for the rumble conversion on my Cabriolet. My question now is about the seat cushion. The front of it needs a riser as shown in the Clubs' 1932 Book. What does the remainder of the cushion set on? Just the floor pan or is there something else that it sets on? Also, on a different subject I'm missing the interior top front window trim and have looked in numerous sources to find one. Any body in the Club know where I can get one?

This message was edited by gOz on 4-2-17 @ 6:11 PM

3w2    -- 04-03-2017 @ 5:25 PM
  You surmise correctly, the rear bottom of the rumble cushion rests on the floor pan. I know of no source for the header trim panel. If you haven't found one by the middle of next month I can send you a tracing of that panel along with the relevant dimensions from my original which is presently off the car. (I won't be at my car stuff until then.)

gOz    -- 04-03-2017 @ 5:57 PM
  That would be terrific if you can send me that when you get back to your car stuff. I have someone who can make one if needed. I will continue to look for one in the mean time. If you don't mind I may ask for pictures of certain items on your car that i might have questions about as i progress. My car was a basket case that may be missing some of the little things. Thank you for your help.

CharlieStephens    -- 04-03-2017 @ 6:48 PM
  You didn't ask but I thought i would throw it in the pot. I converted my '32 roadster to a rumble seat car and in retrospect wished I hadn't. A lot of work, a lot on money, seldom used and I miss the trunk space. Of course he grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Charlie Stephens

gOz    -- 04-03-2017 @ 7:14 PM
  From all the info that I have found from printed sources and other people, it appears that all Cabriolets had rumble seats. Mine does not for some reason. Maybe someone removed it many years ago. Don't know. So I am making it as the car probably was when made. The biggest problem seems to be the hinges but I've taken care of that. However ; I appreciate your input.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=10650