Topic: Upholstery Florida

fkunzendorf    -- 03-15-2012 @ 10:35 AM
  Hello
I m looking for a good Upholstery workshop in southern Florida. It s for my Ford 48 cabriolet.
Any recomendation is highly appreciated!

regards
Fred

This message was edited by fkunzendorf on 3-15-12 @ 2:28 PM

EdB    -- 03-21-2012 @ 8:26 PM
  FLORIDA
PDQ Upholstery
4155 Dow Road, Suite H
Melbourne, FL 32934
321-253-4080
All Vehicles

is an LBB approved installer; hope this helps.

supereal    -- 03-22-2012 @ 11:00 AM
  I put a LLB interior kit in my '47 convertible. It is first class quality. I would make one change if I did it again, however, and substitute the leather covers for the seats. The vinyl covers look good, but they are really tough to install without ripping the seams. After three tries, I had a good local trim shop put them on. They steamed them until they were limp, then quickly slid them over the padding. While the leather is more expensive, that would be my choice.

trjford8    -- 03-22-2012 @ 6:34 PM
  Bob, here's a trick to putting on those covers without ripping the seams. I put garbage bags over the backrests and then slip the covers over the bags. The covers slide right on easily. Once the cover is on I reach up and pull out the bag.

supereal    -- 03-23-2012 @ 7:07 AM
  Thanks,Tom. When I tackled the seat covers, I started with the bare metal frames and springs. By the time I had applied all the padding, burlap, etc, it was like putting ten pounds in a five pound bag! When they were almost completely in place, the lower end of a seam would rip before we could secure the cover. LBB sent replacements free of charge, but by that time it was necessary to call in the pros. I am a lot of things, but upholsterer, I am not. I did expand my vocabulary, however. I would still opt for the leather covers, as the vinyl type in an open car get very hot and soft, not a good sign of durability.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=4456