Topic: 1936 sedan delivery

1098miller    -- 02-12-2011 @ 10:40 AM
  I've inhereted my great great grandfather's 1936 sedan delivery, and don't know very much about it. It's in it's original condition, and the title is still in his name from 36. It states that it is a deluxe. Hoping somebody on this forum can enlighten me a little bit on this model. planning a full restore within the year. Thank you

deluxe40    -- 02-12-2011 @ 7:50 PM
  According to the V8 Album (published in 1985) Ford produced 7,592 Standard Sedan Deliveries in 1936 and only 209 Deluxe Sedan Deliveries. So, you have a very rare unit. They came in your choice of a dozen different colors and you could choose black fenders on commercial cars if you wished. The Deluxe appointments included: chrome grille, dual horns, twin tail lights, chrome windshield frame, two sun visors and an arm rest on the driver's door. The '36 was a very successful facelift of the '35 Ford attributed to Holden "Bob" Koto who later played a large role in the design of the '49 Ford.

Welcome to the ranks of the Ford Sedan Delivery fans. We're a small group, but enthusiastic.

1098miller    -- 02-17-2011 @ 12:51 AM
  Well that's inspiring! That would explain why I've never seen another one in several years of research... Been able to find a standard or two, but never a deluxe. That definitely changes a lot if my previous restoration plan.. The car has never been altered, so I'll restoring it to it's original condition.. I'll keep anybody interested posted. Thank you
Thank

ford38v8    -- 02-17-2011 @ 10:20 PM
  Mr Miller, Such a very rare machine as yours deserves it's original state of grace on the EFV8CA Concourse. It would be a real shame to restore it, as it would lose it's originality forever. I'm hoping to convince you to do as little as possible to put it on the road, no paint, no upholstery, no engine rebuild if possible. In this unmolested original condition, you would earn the prestigious Rouge Award in all three categories, something of a rarity in itself. These are the cars that are the benchmarks for all future generations of Fordophiles.

Alan

1098miller    -- 02-18-2011 @ 6:10 PM
  Thank you again for all of the useful feedback. That's why I joined this forum. I'm definitely torn as to which direction to take this car. Originally, my intentions were based on sentimental reasons, but the rarety of this car puts me at a crossroads. My grandfather has givin me a fairly detailed history of this car from new in 36. It was drivin until the mid 40's, and then stored in a barn until 99, when I inhereted it. I have early pictures of it, and found it in a no sound video from the late 50's. I'm confident that this car will start, but feel that the years in the barn were a little too rough on the rest of the car (seats, some rot in the floorboards, and broken driver and passenger windows. Just need to make sure that I do the right thing with this.

1098miller    -- 02-18-2011 @ 6:15 PM
  this is the only pic that I have on my computer. I"ll take some better ones. The grill, hood ornament, and running boards are all inside the car. Grill is still in good shape, but the running boards area going to need some attn. Hopefully this picture gives a good idea of the extent of work this car is going to require. quite a bit

trjford8    -- 02-18-2011 @ 7:12 PM
  You definitely have a restoration project on your hands. Save as many original pieces as you can. As you take it apart you should document the dis-assembly with a camera and make notes. Also put the small parts in bags and label the bags.Periodically post photos and we can tell what parts are saveable and which ones may not be saveable. We will try to give you as much guidance as we can. You have a rare Ford and it should be restored correctly or at least restored to be a good driver quality car.It's you car so you can make the call for how far you want to go with it.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=2582