| jamesmundstock | -- 09-12-2026 @ 7:23 AM |
|
I am reassembling my grill. There are three stainless trim pieces that mount to the outer edge. My car was restored decades ago so when I took it apart, there were only sheet metal screws from the bottom holding the trim on. In the photo, there are two holes under each trim piece. Are these holes for retaining spring clips or for T-studs to retain the trim along with the sheet metal screws? Or, could they just be tooling holes to position the metal grill pieces for welding?
|
|
| 1942deluxe | -- 09-12-2026 @ 9:18 AM |
|
James, I'll go out on a limb here and say all that attaches the 6A -8332 grille moldings are the no 8 X 14 screws. There are 21 of them according to the 1928-48 parts book. Bob Drake lists the 6A-8332 grille moldings as "out of stock" but came with attaching hardware. You could give them a call and inquire if that was anything other than the 8 X 14 screws. John Kelley 46-48 advisor
|
|
| EFV-8 Club Forum : | https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum |
| Topic: | https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=18261 |