Topic: VanPelt transmission service training school

Mac VP    -- 03-28-2023 @ 6:11 AM
  This is planned to take place sometime in September this year, and would be held at our shop in the Cincinnati area (Ohio). It’s been kicked around for several years and I’ve decided that if we do it, it’s going to be now. I’m looking for guys (and gals who are interested) who would like to join us for two days of intense schooling in the early Ford 3 speed transmissions…..specifically the 1932-52 toploader and 40-48 sideloader types. We’re going to limit the group to about 20 attendees. This will be very hands on….watching how we do things, but trying things out as well. The school will be free of charge but attendees will be responsible for their own transportation to and from Cincinnati, plus your hotel accommodations. We’ll provide the mid day meals.

What I would like to know is how many would commit to this. I would work with a slightly smaller group but we’re hoping to have 15 to 20 attendees. For now, a verbal commitment is needed and helpful for us to make this move forward. I will firm up the dates very soon so any scheduling conflicts you have are helpful for pinning down the dates.

I will try to answer any questions here on this forum but will also reply to private emails. If you want to have your name added, please email me rather than post the contact information here. The email address is mac@vanpeltsales.com.

This announcement is being repeated over on the HAMB (Jalopy Journal). and the FORDBARN (early V8 forum)

JayChicago    -- 03-28-2023 @ 7:46 AM
  Warmed my heart to read this. For the future of our hobby. Mac, my hat is off to you.

Sure hope this program is successful, hope some younger people take advantage of this.

JayChicago    -- 03-28-2023 @ 8:31 AM
  Another thought:
I wonder if Skip Haney has been training some one to take over his unique business in the future.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16320