Topic: Installing 35 Convertible Sedan Door Glass

Peter in NH    -- 03-16-2023 @ 4:17 PM
  I'm very close to being ready to installed my new glass in my 35 convertible sedan doors. As it's been many decades since I installed
the glass in my restored 32 5Win, can someone chime in and give me some pointers on the best way to accomplish this task?

wmsteed    -- 03-18-2023 @ 9:32 AM
  I will caution you to be very careful if you receive info to use a glue type of product to set the glass into the mounting channel, this seems to be the common method to mount glass into window frames on vintage vehicles.
The width of the channel is made to accept glass plus "Glass Setting Tape"..
Restoration Specialties in Windber, PA still carries glass setting tape in several thickness's.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

Peter in NH    -- 03-18-2023 @ 4:29 PM
  I've already had new glass cut and installed in all four of the stainless window frames of my 35 convertible
sedan. What I could use is some advice on the best method of installing the frames in each door and connecting
the mechanisms to the bottom channels.

3w2    -- 03-19-2023 @ 9:20 AM
  Because of the weight of the glass and its frames, it is a two-person job. The window regulators with their arms in an upright position next to one another go in the doors first to the very bottom. Then the framed windows are inserted just enough to the expose the bottom of their channels with the key-holed horizontal slots just showing. Raise the arms of the regulators to insert their spring-loaded ends into the round portion of the key hole slots. Crank the window regulator enough to ensure that the ends of the arms won't fall off the slots in the horizontal channel of the window and raise everything until you are able to attach the window regulator into the openings for it in the door inner panel.

Peter in NH    -- 03-20-2023 @ 4:40 AM
  Thank you David for that concise guide of how to install my convertible sedan door glass. I'll have to have my next
door neighbor give me some help.

Peter

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16300