Topic: Double whitewall tires

Civilwarlife    -- 11-22-2022 @ 2:21 PM
  I just spent a whole lot of money on a new set of 16 x 600 Firestone tires. Now it seems that for a 1938 Ford I should have double whitewalls. Will a concours judge deduct points because I only have single whitewalls?
Thanks
Terry

They are only original once

fordv8j    -- 11-22-2022 @ 2:27 PM
  yes they will, gets me every time; don't remember how many

Steve Kennedy    -- 11-22-2022 @ 3:47 PM
  I'm sure there is a buyer out there, then get the right double sided white walls. Coker does sell bias doubles. As I am not concours, I asked Diamond Back tires to make double radial whitewalls, $500 each or so.

ford38v8    -- 11-23-2022 @ 12:19 AM
  Terry, as you must still have many more questions, i would suggest that before making even more expensive errors, attend a National Meet, and volunteer as a Novice Judge in your class. In this way, you’ll gain a tremendously valuable education to get your car in a correct as-built configuration. If your car is running now, enter it in Touring Class to avoid a conflict of interest.

Alan

v8er    -- 11-23-2022 @ 4:58 AM
  One point per tire, max of five points for the car for single whitewall tires.

Civilwarlife    -- 11-23-2022 @ 10:42 AM
  That's not so bad. I'll have to live with it
Thanks
Terry

They are only original once

3w2    -- 11-23-2022 @ 12:17 PM
  It is what it is, but it is pretty difficult to appreciate the logic of five points for five incorrect tires and seven points for a battery without Ford script on the case.

ford38v8    -- 11-23-2022 @ 11:13 PM
  I definitely see your point in comparing one deduction to another, but seen as a whole, I believe the Judging Form to be a very well conceived and executed document. One of its greatest strengths is also its greatest weakness, that being the discretion given the Deputy Judge in interpreting its application. The Judging process itself being entirely dependent on volunteer expertise, it's success over the years is testament to its great value to the club and membership.

Alan

visawa    -- 11-24-2022 @ 12:12 AM
  Not bad)

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=16096