Topic: Need tools for a 1935 tool kit for State Patrol

Steve Kennedy    -- 06-16-2021 @ 6:37 AM
  I am helping a friend put together an original looking tool kit for a 1935 Ford Police car for the Colorado State Patrol. They have restored an old police car and would like some of the finishing touches.

We were able to find an original tool bag and a few wrenches at the local swap meet but could use the rest. Glad to pay for the tools and shipping, but don’t want to pay a lot. It is coming out of our pockets.

So we have the bag and the very common Head/Spark plug wrench. We have the F adjustable spanner, but it is kinda rough. We need everything else, including the tire iron.

If you can help, we would greatly appreciate it.
Steve in Denver
skennedy@ecentral.com
303-489-3955

1940 Tom    -- 06-16-2021 @ 8:39 AM
  Good Morning Steve--

Lin Stacey is the V8 Club's Tool Advisor. Unfortunately, I don't have Lin's contact info handy - maybe one of my fellow Club members can provide. Lin helped me some years ago to secure a COMPLETE 1940 Tool Kit, in excellent condition.

IMHO - Lin is THE man to go to for questions on tools. He should be able to assist you in locating the remaining tools for your 35.

Best of luck with your project.

Tom

TomO    -- 06-16-2021 @ 9:02 AM
  Contact Lin at LinStacey@sbcglobal.net

He will know which tools are correct for the car and may be able to supply them.

Tom

1940 Tom    -- 06-16-2021 @ 11:06 AM
  Thanks for the additional assistance, Tom.

51504bat    -- 06-16-2021 @ 11:59 AM
  I've got a hand grease gun similar but not exactly like the one you posted. I'll take a photo of it and post it. If it will work for you you can have it for the cost of postage. If its not what you want, no worries.

51504bat    -- 06-16-2021 @ 4:03 PM
  Attached are some photos of the Alemite grease gun I have it isn't the same exact model as the one pictured. Its a model 6556. It measures 16 inches as shown in the photo. If you can use it its yours from a retired California ABC agent to the Colorado State Patrol.
PM if interested.

Steve Kennedy    -- 06-16-2021 @ 8:43 PM
  Thanks on the grease gun. I will check with Lin to see just which one is correct. I think it is the 6550 but not sure.

Anyone have a '35 tire iron? It has the square hole at one end for adjusting the brakes, but no hub cap removal tool like the '36.

This message was edited by Steve Kennedy on 6-17-21 @ 6:49 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14927