Topic: Age and time

sarahcecelia    -- 03-05-2021 @ 5:46 PM
  I'm not as quick mentally sometimes as I used to be; I'll be 84 years old in the morning, but I'm still hangin' in there, and most guys a lot younger than I am, can't keep up with me physically! I still feel about 50 and don't know where the time went; up to 50 years old it's like your going up hill 'cause the time goes slow, but after 50 it goes like a snow ball rolling down a hill; faster and faster!!

Regards, Steve Lee

This message was edited by sarahcecelia on 3-5-21 @ 5:47 PM

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 03-05-2021 @ 6:50 PM
  Hey Steve;
Happy Birthday!

Some, if not all of us, feel the same way. I have to admit that since I retired (15 years ago) everything has been going a lot faster.
And I retired early.
But as the doctor keep telling my 95 year old mother -- exercise is good! And that is what we need to keep doing.

Web Administrator

alanwoodieman    -- 03-05-2021 @ 8:16 PM
  makes me feel young! I will be 73 Sunday and I work on something in the shop or in the yard everyday and the drs told me to keep moving or loose it

1931 Flamingo    -- 03-06-2021 @ 6:48 AM
  Happy Birthday Steve ! ! !
Paul in CT

TomO    -- 03-06-2021 @ 7:40 AM
  Happy Birthday, Steve.

Tom

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 03-06-2021 @ 10:29 AM
  HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!
Steve
have many more, keep those flatheads FORD'S Running,
ENJOY THEM,
best regards Ludolf 37RAGTOPMAN MAINE,
I hope everyone enjoys it,
Here is a POEM written by CARL BARKER 2001,
Cars lined up as proud soldiers
Standing at attention
Their hood raised up
Those who shuffle amongst them
Owners fussing about
With dust rags in hand
Ready to whisk away the slightest
Blight to their pride and joy
This is the sight that greets
A visitor back in time
A chance to remember and reflect
"I had a car like that once !'
Memories flood the minds
Tears flood some eyes
As life stories flash by
If cars could speak
What tales they could tell
Of journeys near and far
Of owners young and old
High school proms and picnics
Birth,death,weddings
The cars were there
As part of it all
This is why we do it
Spend time money and energy
Bringing back memories
For us and all who happen by

sarahcecelia    -- 03-06-2021 @ 11:35 AM
  Thank you for your kind words. I retired early too- when I was 53, and I'm always busy, and enjoying it. I work on my cars, work on friends cars, Repair my sprinkler heads, do the wash, cook, clean the house; and it goes on and on.. You see, I've been alone for about 15 years; have a big house on a corner, sitting on 2/3 rds. of an acre.It all keeps me going! ( and that's good in a twofold way)- It keeps me in shape, and it gives me a reason to get up each day!

Regards, Steve Lee

sarahcecelia    -- 03-06-2021 @ 11:37 AM
  Very Nice, Ragtop man!

Regards, Steve Lee

51woodie    -- 03-06-2021 @ 12:07 PM
  Happy birthday Steve. I turned 71 in February, retired at 65 and enjoying life in the garage and woodshop. We have 10 grandchildren, and I'm lucky in having two of the boys living close to me, that like to work with me in the garage. It gives me great pleasure to pass on my knowledge and experience to them. Just wishes the others lived closer so I could spend more time with them.

mfirth    -- 03-07-2021 @ 4:55 AM
  Happy belated birthday Steve !!
51 Woody, you are blessed. My grandkids are not close by.

sarahcecelia    -- 03-07-2021 @ 6:39 PM
  I also want to tell you all- If you walk into a room , And say to yourself, "Why did I come in here?", just pause for a moment,relax, and think; "What was I doing before I came in here?." Then you will remember why you came in here!"( It happens to all of us as we get older, and It happens to me quite often; and this method always works for me!)

Regards, Steve Lee

ford38v8    -- 03-07-2021 @ 10:42 PM
  Steve, I'm so glad you remember what you were doing before you came in here.
If it's not too much trouble, will you please also remember what I was doing?

Alan

sarahcecelia    -- 03-08-2021 @ 6:13 AM
  UHHH- You were reading my latest thread!

Regards, Steve Lee

silverchief    -- 03-08-2021 @ 12:09 PM

I am well past 80 years old. When I was in high school, the car you drove was everything to a guy.
It had a lot to do with where you fell in social hierarchy.

Today I have four young adult grandsons. Despite all my efforts, none has the slightest interest in cars, old or new.

The passing of an era I guess.

Mr Rogers    -- 03-08-2021 @ 10:03 PM
  Yep, my 50 Ford in HS was a nucleus along with my pal's 40's. We went to junkyards for our replacement parts .... tool box in hand!! We all knew a little about a lot. We'd drop a transmission in the middle of a Michigan winter.

mfirth    -- 03-09-2021 @ 12:35 PM
  Mr Rogers, we did the same things here in Ohio. I had a 50 with a 6 & overdrive in it and it outran some V8s. Those really were "the good old days". O K, why did i.....duuuuh...i need a nap. Keep smile'n fellas !

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14659