Topic: Early Ford V8 Times

motorev38@hotmail.com    -- 10-17-2020 @ 8:31 PM
  I have been cleaning out my garage and have about 40 issues(maybe more) of V8 times ranging from mid 80's to early 2000's that I had saved from being thrown away after my wifes grandpa passed away. Also a few years of member rosters.

Is there any interest out there for these? They all range from poor condition to pretty good depending on where they were on the shelf relative to the workbench. Not looking to make money off them and would hate to see them go waste.

51woodie    -- 10-18-2020 @ 8:18 AM
  Lots of looks but no comments. This question has been posted here before, and as I recall, there is not much, if any value or interest. I think they are like old National Geographic Magazines that we collect, they end up in recycle. Just my opinion.

1934 Ford    -- 10-18-2020 @ 8:48 AM
  I have been a subscriber for 40+ years and save some of the issues with articles I'm especially interested in,
including my own articles and stuff about 1934 Fords.
Otherwise I take them to car events and give them away to people who are interested in Early Ford V8's and
are to cheap to subscribe or are new to the hobby. Like National Geographics they are timeless and don't
age out with time. I still have some from 1972 and even bought some older issues about 1934 Fords.

1934 Ford's since 1972

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 10-18-2020 @ 8:57 AM
  Other suggestions over the years has been to take and place them in Care Facilities, barber shops, dentist and doctor offices.
You will be surprised how much the older generation (oh, that could also be us) really appreciate seeing pictures of vehicles that they remember from their lives.

Web Administrator

woodiewagon46    -- 10-18-2020 @ 11:47 AM
  Several years ago I tried to donate boxes of automotive related magazines to my local library, hospital and nursing homes. All told me the same thing, "We can't accept them because of insurance reasons". I asked, "What's going to happen, someone get a paper cut and sue you", they just wouldn't accept them. It must be a New York thing because I finally donated them to the Speedway Museum in Lincoln NE. Now I do what 1934 does and give them away at car shows to kids and people that are interested.

motorev38@hotmail.com    -- 10-18-2020 @ 1:02 PM
  Well thanks everyone for the replies. I will see if there is any local interest in them, if not off to the green can they will go.

v8    -- 10-29-2020 @ 6:39 AM
  I am just starting restoration on a 1937 ford pickup and am about to join the early v8 club and would like to get the magizines you have . please let me know if you still have them and can you ship them if so let me know how much to ship thanks Scott.

trjford8    -- 10-29-2020 @ 9:08 AM
  V8, send an e-mail directly to the poster's e-mail address at; motorev38@hotmail.com. Might get a quicker response.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=14252