Topic: EV8 Drive Day

1931 Flamingo    -- 06-20-2020 @ 11:26 AM
  Just back from a 30 mile drive in the 40. Who else was ought and about today??
Paul in CT

nelsb01    -- 06-20-2020 @ 11:57 AM
  Not quite 30 miles, but between Friday night and today about 24 miles.
Ventured out last night for a burger at Minnesota's oldest continually operating bar, Neumann's in North St Paul. Sat outside on the patio, had a cold one (or two) and enjoyed seeing the masked waitpersons.
There usually is a Friday night car show in North St Paul where they close the streets and have food and entertainment, but the 1949 was one of about 20 cars that were parked along the street. They don't schedule a Friday night car show during this weekend because this is SUPPOSE to be Back to the 50's Weekend at the MN State Fairgrounds.
And..........for those that care, it currently is raining -- hard enough so that any car show would be ending.
Stay safe in your travels. Just go for a ride..........destination unknown............and have what fun you can.

The picture believe it or not is just 4 miles from my house in the grounds of the St Paul Water Works. Like being Up North without the 3 hour drive.

This message was edited by nelsb01 on 6-21-20 @ 1:07 PM

fordv8j    -- 06-20-2020 @ 12:31 PM
  Drove 38 Ford conv, 103 miles, dodging rain drops

JohnA    -- 06-20-2020 @ 1:53 PM
  Drove 48 2dr about 20 miles for coffee, after they plowed road. Just kidding about snow.

40cpe    -- 06-20-2020 @ 3:45 PM
  I drove my '38 to the post office and around our small community. I would have to cover it three times to rack up 20 miles.

carcrazy    -- 06-20-2020 @ 4:59 PM
  Drove our '53 Courier Sedan Delivery about 20 miles today. First stop was to do a drive by salute to an old member of the Gold Coast Rods who is wheelchair bound. Second trip was to Carmel, CA to take a photo by Carmel Mission. Third trip was to Del Monte Beach in Monterey for a photo by the bay. The first trip was successful, the second two not so much due to no parking in one and too many people in the other.

pauls39coupe    -- 06-20-2020 @ 6:58 PM
  A dozen RG126 members drove about 45 miles round trip for ice cream. Hot day for Michigan high 80's. No problem with any of the flatheads. Great day!

voced    -- 06-21-2020 @ 3:49 AM
  Drove my original 35 pickup to coffee last week. It was 90 degrees out, but ran like a new one.
Jerry
Indiana

therunwaybehind    -- 06-21-2020 @ 9:18 AM
  In the fifties I peddled the Bay City Times newspaper from Bay city Michigan in half of Bad Axe, Michigan everyday. It was a big moment for me when trust and reliability became a green Ford Sedan Delivery throwing out a wire bound bundle of news papers, sometimes on rainy days or even some snow days wrapped with waxed paper. I salute your choice!

MG    -- 06-21-2020 @ 11:13 AM
  Every Sunday morning is a "Drive Day' for me in my '34....

JayChicago    -- 06-21-2020 @ 11:37 AM
  Thunder storms had been predicted, but was able to take the family out in the ‘37 to a fifties-era drive in. Property appears to have been originally built as an A&W Drive-In franchise. Just a dumpy hot dog joint now. We ate socially distanced on picnic benches set up on the covered apron that was originally used by the car-hop girls.

The car got some exposure, some welcomed honks and thumbs-up from cars passing on the highway.

Grant    -- 06-21-2020 @ 12:20 PM
  June 20th was too busy with family commitments to go on a long run during the day, but managed to get out for a ~20 mile evening cruise in the '36 roadster.

Couldn't resist visiting our nearest Little Caesar's and came home about 9 pm with a pair of matching medium pepperoni pizzas.

1940 Tom    -- 06-21-2020 @ 1:38 PM
  As we all know, California is in a different time zone than the rest of the world.
So I didn't take my 40 Sedan out till today, instead of yesterday.
Drove by the Tesla manufacturing plant in Fremont. Not as big as the Rouge Plant.
Beautiful day - clear blue skies and 71 degrees.
No pictures - forgot both my phone and my camera.
Tom

nelsb01    -- 06-21-2020 @ 2:35 PM
  1940 Tom..........
Forgetting your camera and your phone just means you had all the more fun and enjoyment.

1940 Tom    -- 06-22-2020 @ 8:43 AM
  Bruce--

You and I have never met - but MAN, how you can read my mind.

Agree with you - enjoy the car and the drive. The scenery is secondary.

Have a good week.

Tom

CaliforniaBorn36    -- 06-22-2020 @ 1:45 PM
  We managed to get a small group of members from the Golden Gate Charter Regional Group #1 out for Drive Your V-8 Day here in the San Francisco East Bay. We took about a 20 mile drive down Palomares Canyon to the Niles Canyon Antique district. There we stopped for photos and then allowed people to wander off on their own to enjoy the antique stores, the Farmers Market and their drive home.

joebaldwin@comcast.net    -- 11-09-2020 @ 10:41 AM
  I have a 38 Ford Convertible and would like to get the switch on the steering column to work. I found part of the switch online but it looks like there is a spacer that I can't find. Does your car have the switch or do you know someone who has one that works. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Joe Baldwin@comcast.net

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 11-09-2020 @ 11:28 AM
  Suggest you start a new discussion on this topic as it is currently in a discussion about the 3rd Saturday in June Drive Your V-8 Day.

Web Administrator

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13924