Topic: What a week!

nelsb01    -- 03-27-2020 @ 4:16 PM
  What a week! And there will be more. We will be locked down here in Minnesota today (3/27/2020) at 11:59 pm until April 10, 2020. No travel, except to the grocery store. And there has been talk from the Governor that it could be extended. CBS News just reported that the Midwest could be the next "hot" spot.
As you know there have been cancelations. And there will be more. Besides those that effect us, the Early Ford V-8 Club, other organizations are canceling events also.
The AACA just canceled their Spring Nationals in Auburn IN. I know that this will effect our friends at the Early Ford V-8 Foundation, as they expected many people to visit during the event.
This is tough. No doubt about it. We are a group that likes to get out, visit with our friends, extend our hand, and hug those we love. No, you are not supposed to do that.
I, and the Board of the Early Ford V-8 Club hope that you are safe, washing your hands, keeping your distance, and praying that this ends before long.
The next issue of the V-8 TIMES is in the mail. While it was printed before all the cancelations, we hope that you understand that the COVID-19 virus has changed our lives and the way that we live.
For those members of the Early Ford V-8 Club that worked hard to plan events that have been canceled, we extend our hearts and understand that it was not easy to make those decisions about ending the event before it could happen.
I certainly can understand how hard it is to have to end an event. It still tears at my heart that I had to stand on a chair on July 16, 2015 and tell everyone that they had to go home, after the devistating winds ended the 2015 Central National Meet in Brainerd MN.
All the best to each of you. Stay safe. Stay away from others. Wash your hands. And stay well. Yeah, spend some time in the garage with the thing that brings us together -- your Early Ford V-8.

Bruce Nelson
2020 National President
Early Ford V-8 Club

TomO    -- 03-28-2020 @ 9:02 AM
  Thanks Bruce. Being President of the Club is more of a job than it has been with the problems of dealing with the pandemic. Keep smiling, it helps.

Tom

mfirth    -- 03-28-2020 @ 10:36 AM
  Thanks Bruce, and ditto on the distancing, hand washing & praying......
and on being in the garage.
mike

srg    -- 03-28-2020 @ 3:55 PM
  It's a balancing act. We all want to be careful and prudent and nip this thing in the bud, but we don't want to burn the house down to kill the termites.

fenbach    -- 03-28-2020 @ 8:01 PM
  well "presidented"

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13701