Topic: BUBBA

ken ct.    -- 02-18-2020 @ 2:14 PM
  Jim Linder is retiring from the business major health reasons,we will all miss his expertise on distributor work. Good luck Jim. ken Isidor ct

mfirth    -- 02-18-2020 @ 5:01 PM
  Ditto on Jim Linder....keep him in your prayers fellas!

ken ct.    -- 02-19-2020 @ 5:01 AM
  I guess NOBODY on this website will miss him. 59 views and 1 reply,boy what a great bunch of fellas ???? ken Isidor (ken ct)

dandy32    -- 02-19-2020 @ 7:28 AM
  Jim did my distributor for me it was perfect he was the man and will be missed by many. Thanks Jim and hope everything works out for you Get Well and enjoy your retirement

pauls39coupe    -- 02-19-2020 @ 7:30 AM
  Sorry to hear about Jim. He is a great guy to deal with, and a fun guy to talk to.
I bought a 4bbl manifold from him years ago at the Indy swap meet. It needed the adapter for Holly carbs, and Jim UPSed one to my house no extra charge. Nice to do business with people like that.
Paul R

1931 Flamingo    -- 02-19-2020 @ 10:35 AM
  Jim has a thread on the BARN about his retirement after 32 years. He has dialysis 3 times a week and 90% blockage to/from his heart. Get well Jim.
Paul in CT

MG    -- 02-19-2020 @ 10:40 AM
  It hurts me to hear about the negative health issues or the passing of anyone in this hobby, especially those I've made contact with online through the various hobby related forums I visit. Reminds me of my own mortality...

This message was edited by MG on 2-19-20 @ 11:38 AM

Ritzy1    -- 02-20-2020 @ 3:01 AM
  Yup, Jim and guys like him are sorely missed by this hobby. Sadly, when they leave, their knowledge and experience goes with them, and the hobby itself is diminished.

Although I am new to the Early Ford V-8/flathead, and live outside of Boston, I was fortunate enough to meet him and have him bless my distributor. A few years ago I had a business trip to Indy, so I took the distributor that I had rebuilt and the new coil with me in my bag hoping to bring it by Bubba's on Gasoline Alley. I walked in unannounced and was immediately welcomed in. He dropped whatever he was working on and put my distributor on his machine. He filed the rotor a bit because the clicking noise was a clue to him that it was hitting the cap, added some of his special grease on the plunger, tested it again, and called it good. Then he tested the coil to make sure it matched up with my Pertronix insert, and called that good too. He gave me the full tour and showed me the stacks of unopened boxes of distributors awaiting his attention. He said it was no charge because he really didn't do anything, but I left him a $20. As I was leaving, I couldn't help feeling guilty because I had "jumped the line" and sad with the realization that this great resource would not be with us forever.

Here's hoping Jim's health improves and that he has transferred his knowledge to his grandson who takes up the torch.

mfirth    -- 02-20-2020 @ 4:35 AM
  Guys, just read a thread from the Ford Barn, & Jim is gonna keep do'n what he can.
Check it out.

Ritzy1    -- 02-22-2020 @ 4:45 AM
  https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276840

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=13616