Topic: books

rustedorrotting    -- 05-13-2019 @ 10:49 AM
  I have a rare 41 ford 1/2 ton pickup and i am finally putting it together. I have been a mechanic professionally for my entire working life, but sometimes an illustration takes all the guess work out. I have the chassis green book, but it doesn't help much. any suggestions on what to buy? It's rare because it has a 3 speed column shift.

deluxe40    -- 05-13-2019 @ 10:58 AM
  There is a neat little pamphlet book on '40 and '41 pickups available for $10 on this site. Click on Online Store and look for Ford Books.

deluxe40    -- 05-13-2019 @ 11:07 AM
  Ford didn't publish a regular Shop Manual until '49, but they published regular Service Bulletins that have been collected and republished a couple of times over the years. First by Page in 1940 and then by Floyd Clymer and others. This is available (paper or CD) from the parts suppliers such as C&G Early Ford Parts. Sometimes you can find an old mechanic's binder of the bulletins that were saved as they came out.

rustedorrotting    -- 05-14-2019 @ 5:22 AM
  I have the book on the 40/41 ford pickup, but it doesn't show some of the things i need. I am assembling my truck, finally, and of course i had to pick an unusual one. Not only is it a 41, and some parts don't work from a 40, but it also has a column shift. The ignition switch and drop are unique to this truck, i had to manufacture my own parts. I am putting the dash together along with a new wiring harness, so now is the time for defroster vents, wiper switches, hi beam jewel, cowl vent etc. I bought an upper steering column bushing for it and it doesn't fit,the replacement hi beam jewel falls through the hole in the dash, I have been a mechanic professionally all my life but some things needs a parts book. Thanks for responding to my ad.

51woodie    -- 05-14-2019 @ 6:30 AM
  Ruste. I don’t know your location, but the Benson Ford Research Center in Detroit is a good resource for all things Ford. Google Benson Ford Research and see what you get.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12903