Topic: LeBaron -Bonney

trjford8    -- 03-19-2019 @ 8:27 AM
  Just for information LeBaron-Bonney has closed their doors as of 3-15-19 and filed for bankruptcy. A sad day for the company and for those of us that used their upholstery kits.

kubes40    -- 03-19-2019 @ 9:58 AM
  I am hoping that Scott will be able to reorganize and subsequently, reopen his business. He's a good guy and did his best to date to make a go of things.
If anyone deserves a break, it's him.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

woodiewagon46    -- 03-19-2019 @ 10:37 AM
  When I talked to them at HERSHEY, I got the feeling that their biggest problem was finding capable people to do what is required for our various interiors. I purchased my first interior from them in 1970 and ordered three more since. I'll be ready for upholstery in my '29 soon and have no idea what I'll do now.

trjford8    -- 03-19-2019 @ 12:11 PM
  I think there is a company call Clastique that does Model A interiors. www.clastiqueupholstery.com

This message was edited by trjford8 on 3-19-19 @ 12:13 PM

flatheadfan    -- 03-19-2019 @ 12:40 PM
  There has been some talk on another forum that the "customers" are first in line with a bankruptcy. I don't know what state laws are applicable in this situation but usually, the lawyers and accountants that are involved with the liquation are first in line for any liquidation money. Suppliers, customers and employee wages are usually at the bottom. Unfair, but that is how most bankruptcies work. Basically, if you have made a deposit you may be out of luck.

Tom

trjford8    -- 03-20-2019 @ 10:53 AM
  LeBaron -Bonney filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy which means they are finished. flatheadfan is correct, the only winners here are the lawyers as they make sure they get paid. It will probably take a large company to take this over and save the company, depending on the assets vs liabilities.

3w2    -- 03-20-2019 @ 12:50 PM
  It is likely that given the form of the bankruptcy, any third party property such as customers' seat springs and upholstery/top material (such as the material reserved for side curtains) in their premises will not be returned to its owners, no matter how well marked it may be unless a bullet-proof claim is submitted. One can only image how messy and drawout that will be given how much fun it is to deal with bureaucrats.

supereal    -- 03-20-2019 @ 1:40 PM
  We have been in business as a machine shop for more than thirty years, and have assisted many hobbyists with their antique and collector car projects. That part of our clientele has steadily diminished, and is a small part of our work, as our costs continue to rise. I am in my mid 80's, and my son is past 60, and we have joined those who see little hope that we too, can survive in today's hostile economy. It isn't that we have lost interest, but without enough profit, no one can afford the investment in time and money.

42wagon    -- 03-21-2019 @ 3:54 AM

Supereal is correct. Those that are dedicated to the antique hobbies are aging and the younger generations do not have the interest for a variety of reasons. As an example the Train Collectors Association had over 32,000 members when I joined in 1998. Today it is less than 22,000. Aside from the loss of members I feel there is a lack of interest when a row of new cars could just as well be a row of bars of soap since they all look alike. When we loose the companies that have been the backbone of the hobby it does not bode well for the future.

1934 Ford    -- 03-22-2019 @ 8:19 AM
  I did a interior in 2018 and thought they were a lot slower on followups than before, but they made my stuff. The Hemming's article said their assets and liabilities were about equal, which offers hope that another company could buy them out. I'm hoping that happens, as it has for lots of small parts companies..

1934 Ford's since 1972

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 03-22-2019 @ 8:27 AM
  this is what I found
on LeBARON BONNEY
this is just a little of what I found out, it might just happen ?
BUSINESS Posted February 16, 2018 Updated February 16, 2018 t
Antique auto upholstery business setting up shop in Wilton
The owner of Massachusetts-based LeBaron Bonney Co. plans a 'cut-and-sew operation' in the Bass-Wilton building.

BY LIZ MARQUISSUN JOURNAL
Share facebook tweet reddit linkedin email print
WILTON — The Planning Board on Thursday approved an application for a Massachusetts upholstery business to set up shop in the Bass-Wilton building at 284 Main St.

LeBaron Bonney Co. owner Scott Holbrook said he plans to hire 11 to 15 people for his automotive upholstery plant and begin operations May 1. It will be “primarily a cut-and-sew operation,” he said.

MG    -- 03-22-2019 @ 9:45 AM
  Read this article > https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/03/22/upholstery-supplier-lebaron-bonney-files-for-chapter-7-bankruptcy/?refer=news

1936TWC    -- 04-26-2019 @ 8:02 AM
  LeBaron Bonney; I was all set to order a upholstery kit from them. Any recommendations for a another interior source? Thanks. Marty

trjford8    -- 04-26-2019 @ 8:24 AM
  Marty,try Cartouche, they advertise in the V-8 Times. 1-877-470-1586.

roadster36    -- 04-26-2019 @ 9:37 AM
  I contacted Cartouche three times to get their samples,so far nothing.
If they are unable to provide samples why would I consider a purchase from them ?
LB got me for over 1500.00 bucks.
I think my car building days are done.

3w2    -- 04-26-2019 @ 3:38 PM
  If you have proof of payment and an invoice copy, file a claim (Form B-410) with the Massachusetts District Bankruptcy Court. You may recover all or at least part of your $1,500.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12762