Topic: Info on a ford engine rebuild

Canadian ford    -- 02-04-2019 @ 12:34 PM
  I have a 1947 ford half ton which has had the engine rebuilt by Ford.
There is a tag on the engine but I'm not sure what it means. Does anybody have an idea of what this tag means. I have a picture of it attached.

nelsb01    -- 02-04-2019 @ 2:54 PM
  Get your Ford chassis parts catalogue out.
Each one of the 4 digit numbers that is not hand stamped on the tag represents the part numbers that were used to rebuild the engine.
I can't make out the first two numbers
6211 -- rod bearing
6303 -- crankshaft
6331 -- crankshaft bearing-main
6333 -- crankshaft bearing-intermediate
The stamped numbers in the front are the year prefix and the stamped numbers at the end are the size prefix.

If you have a Ford chassis parts catalogue (Green Bible or individual year) you should be able to find the numbers there.

Hope this helps -- I am not an expert about this, but do know some information about the rebuild tag.

Canadian ford    -- 02-05-2019 @ 10:23 AM
  Thank you
That helps. the Number you can't see is 6199
But if I under stand you correctly
c59T stands for the yr
and RS is the size

supereal    -- 02-05-2019 @ 11:18 AM
  If it is a tag, not a stamped number, it probably was rebuilt at some time by an "authorized Ford rebuilder". The info wouldn't correspond with any Ford catalog.

nelsb01    -- 02-05-2019 @ 12:56 PM
  This may be stretching my knowledge here, but I believe that the C is for Canadian, the 59 is the year designation (1946-47) and then the T, I believe stands for truck.
Ford used alpha characters to designate sizes. As Supereal mentions, RS maybe a Ford authorized re-manufacturing code.

Canadian ford    -- 02-05-2019 @ 1:08 PM
  This one has me puzzled. The Tag say
Rebuilt Ford Motor Company of Canada at Winsor Ont.
Did Ford Canada have crate engines
Because this truck came from Saskatchewan
i have attached another pic of the tag

Canadian ford    -- 02-05-2019 @ 1:09 PM
  This one has me puzzled. The Tag say
Rebuilt Ford Motor Company of Canada at Winsor Ont.
Did Ford Canada have crate engines
Because this truck came from Saskatchewan
i have attached another pic of the tag

nelsb01    -- 02-05-2019 @ 2:36 PM
  You have to remember Ford wanted all of your business. They had small authorized re-manufacturing plants all over the US and probably Canada too. The idea was to bring your Ford back for service -- they would sell you a re-built generator, water pump, carburetor, starter, transmission, and engine at very reasonable costs.
You no doubt have a Ford rebuilt engine and the tag lets you know that. Most of the other parts had a decal instead of a tag.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12660