Topic: Car Cover Recommendations

carcrazy    -- 12-15-2018 @ 1:22 PM
  Hi, My '53 Courier will have to be parked outside for three to six months while a project car is being built in the garage. What are good car covers that can be used outside for extended periods of time without harming the paint or windows of the car. The outside ambient temperatures here range from the mid-thirties to the mid-seventies. Sunlight can be extreme, some rain can be expected, frost is possible but rare, and usually there is no snow. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

joe b    -- 12-16-2018 @ 3:54 AM
  I have been very satisfied with cover I bought for my '41 Coupe from California Car Cover. I have had it for 19 years with no problems. It can be washed and folds well. calcarcover.com 818 992 2100 They will have what you need.

LarryK    -- 12-16-2018 @ 4:59 AM
  I use and recommend the Noah fabric for outdoor storage. Made in the USA. It is available from California Car Cover.

Larry

carcrazy    -- 12-16-2018 @ 7:23 AM
  Thank you Joe and Larry. It looks like California Car Cover is the place to go to.

supereal    -- 12-21-2018 @ 2:09 PM
  I have two covers, a "Beverly Hills" heavy cover for winter storage, and a light weight cover from a local place. The heavy cover is a job to install, and it usually takes two people to get it on without snagging on the radio antenna, mirrors, etc. The light one is easy "in season"when we want to just get it off quickly Neither of these are waterproof. Usually, any cover outdoors will result in problems where moisture collects on the finish. If you can't find a local rental space in a neighbor's garage where they have extra room, you may find a portable shelter at a "home store". When I had several cars, including my convertible, I used both.

TomO    -- 12-22-2018 @ 8:07 AM
  Supereal brings up some good points about storage.

Waterproof covers can prevent moisture from condensation from evaporating. Wind can move the cover enough to cause abrasion and dulling of the paint.

Some of the self store locations have units that are big enough to store a car. The portable shelters are reasonable in cost, but have to be secured to prevent them from damaging the car or nearby items in strong winds.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12532