Topic: upholstery - Cartouche recomendation

dave@lazymaplefarm.ca    -- 12-12-2018 @ 7:24 PM
  Has anyone had good or bad success with Cartouche for 1936 Fords upholstery

pinnsky    -- 12-12-2018 @ 8:35 PM
  I've been very happy with them on both my 36 Fordor and my 30 Tudor. Good quality and fit well. Study the instructions carefully. I finished the 30 in 2011 and the 36 in 2016.
I've heard LB has been having some issues recently based on the information on the forum
Good luck. I did wait until Mac's had them on sale.

flatheadfan    -- 12-12-2018 @ 11:42 PM
  I have used L-B and Cartouche kits and I would go back to Cartouche in a minute. As an example. I ruined a panel piece by cutting it wrong on a '31 I was working on. I contacted Cartouche and was honest about the situation. They said they would look into and see what they could do and get back to me. The following day the piece arrived via over-night Priority. There was no charge for the piece or the shipping. That is true customer service! I not so sure that would happen with L-B.

Tom

3w2    -- 12-13-2018 @ 9:52 AM
  All well and good, but is it even remotely close to the original in terms of fabric and stitching patterns, assuming that is the objective (if not, it doesn't matter).

roadster36    -- 12-13-2018 @ 10:19 AM
  I am going to have my 2 interiors done locally.
LB took the orders and then nothing, I can't even get a live person to cancel the orders and process the refund.
I still get their sale E-Mails though !

Garysr1966    -- 12-13-2018 @ 5:00 PM
  hey pinnsky on the 36 did the kit come with side panels for the door and the back panels with the arm rest?

pinnsky    -- 12-13-2018 @ 5:32 PM
  The door panels were included in the kit. The rear seat arm rest did require the hardboard to be soured locally. No problem finding it in the Chicago area. I used the originals as a pattern.

Garysr1966    -- 12-14-2018 @ 5:05 AM
  the only thing i have on the inside are the seats, everything else is gone

kubes40    -- 12-15-2018 @ 9:18 AM
  While I realize Lebaron is going through a rough patch this past year, they are truly doing "what it takes" to right the proverbial ship.
Me? I feel the wait is worth it for the superior product LB offers.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

trjford8    -- 12-16-2018 @ 8:14 AM
  When Cartouche first came out I compared their material selection to Le.Baron-Bonney. The material used in the Cartouche kits appeared to be the same as the LeBaron-Bonney material. I got samples from both companies to make the comparison. What I cannot say is how the fit of the panels and seat upholstery compare to each company. I have only seen photos of Cartouche kits installed and they did look fine to me and I have not heard anyone complain about the Cartouche kits. LeBaron -Bonney used to have great customer service, but it appears that has gone by the wayside. I hope they recover from the negative image I'm seeing on the various websites.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12528