Topic: Engine rebuild shop North east

Maine    -- 08-08-2018 @ 12:28 PM
  I am looking for a company/machine shop to do a complete rebuild on my 33 Ford V8 engine. My home is located close to Portland ME and I would like to bring the engine to the shop within a 500 mile trip.

carcrazy    -- 08-08-2018 @ 1:11 PM
  Check with people in your local regional group to find machine shops capable of working on Ford Flathead V-8's.

jimbomac    -- 08-08-2018 @ 2:54 PM
  R & L Engines, Dover, NH and Golen engine works, Hudson, NH- both have flathead rebuilding experience

RIrover    -- 08-08-2018 @ 3:11 PM
  I used J & M machine shop in Southborough Ma....they did an incredibly professional job..

regards,
David B Campbell

DD931    -- 08-09-2018 @ 12:00 PM
  Walt Dupont in Gardiner, Maine.

FrankM-RG5    -- 08-11-2018 @ 7:36 AM
  I've gotten mixed reviews about J&M. I will tell you that you won't save money going there. They have done a lot of A and V8 motors so they have experience. I know people who are very happy and I know one guy who is suing them. I never completely found out what his issue was but it was a 36 that just needed a crack repair and they sold him a rebuilt engine. I never did hear what the exact cause was but cannot understand why they could not work with him to get it running right. These are not complicated engines.

jim1932    -- 08-14-2018 @ 4:07 AM
  Walt DuPont

JM    -- 08-14-2018 @ 7:35 AM
  I'm not sure Walt Dupont is still accepting engine rebuild work. I had contacted him two years ago about doing a 36LB engine for me. I was getting ready to deliver the engine to him and he asked me to hold up on bringing the engine. He said he did not feel up to the task at that time. I rarely see him post anything on Fordbarn any more, so not sure what's going on with him. I would give him a call, maybe his situation has changed since I talked to him.

John

JM    -- 08-14-2018 @ 7:37 AM
  I'm not sure Walt Dupont is still accepting engine rebuild work. I had contacted him two years ago about doing a 36LB engine for me. I was getting ready to deliver the engine to him and he asked me to hold up on bringing the engine. He said he did not feel up to the task at that time. I rarely see him post anything on Fordbarn any more, so not sure what's going on with him. I would give him a call, maybe his situation has changed since I talked to him.

John

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=12209