Topic: Selling my restored 1950 Ford 4-door

EWATERS    -- 04-28-2018 @ 12:11 PM
  I will become an octogenarian in May of 2018. Cosequently, I am considering selling my lovingly restored 1950 Ford Custom-Deluxe 4-door sedan with a 6-cylinder engine. Any words of wisdom & experience to enlighten me in this effort? There is a picture in the Early Ford Gallery; it is painted the original color "Hawthorne Green" with modern clearcoat paint. Anyone out there interested in acquiring such a classic car? I live in northern Ohio near Cleveland; perhaps someone in the Northern Ohio (RG#20) is seeking such a car? I will be asking $16K which is well-below what I have invested in the restoration. This car was purchased new in 1950 by my wife's grandmother in NW Pennsylvania.

MG    -- 04-28-2018 @ 2:29 PM
  Post a picture and a description in the Classified section on this website - its FREE! I recently sold two of my cars using this website....

EWATERS    -- 04-29-2018 @ 1:59 PM
  Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments. My acceptance and recognition that it may be time for me to sell my 1950 Ford has been a very trying experience since this restoration project has been very near and dear to my heart for many years. Alas tempus-fugits and the time for selling may have come; I'm still struggling with the idea.
A recent article in the Early Ford V-8 Club magazine had an article about the sale of a 1951 Ford; it sounds very promising for a successful sale. I plan to contact Harwood to discuss my sale. Are you familiar with Harwood Motors marketing program?

Lobo    -- 04-29-2018 @ 4:23 PM
  Might you consider age not being a factor in your decision to sell!!!
If you do not need the money and have space, keep your beloved car. It’s like putting a beloved dog down, if you don’t have to don’t
Just some food for thought

LarryK    -- 05-01-2018 @ 4:17 AM
  Amen to Lobo's reply.

Larry

TomO    -- 05-01-2018 @ 6:35 AM
  There are quite a few guys in their 80's still driving and enjoying their cars. I am one of them.

Old age is more a state of mind than physical ability. If you go for long walks every day, you will find that you have more energy and enthusiasm. I will admit that I cannot do all of the the things that I did when I was 80, but I still can change the oil, wash and wax the car. Long trips tire me out more than they used to, but I can still take shorter trips and enjoy the company of other Ford guys. I already told my kids that the only thing that I am leaving them is the problem of getting rid of all of my stuff.

My advice is if you still enjoy your car, keep it. If it is a lot of trouble to take care of, sell it.

Tom

1934 Ford    -- 05-19-2018 @ 6:28 PM
  EWaters,
Some good advice above, but talk to Matt Harwood and remember your heirs could use him too, if you recommended him. I would!

1934 Ford's since 1972

BUCKAWHO    -- 05-21-2018 @ 2:10 PM
  Keep it! I'll be 79 in August, and no way am I going to sell my '51 Club Coupe. They are just too much fun to drive. BT

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11860