Topic: 1937 Ford Truck 1/2 ton

Bobby1937    -- 02-13-2018 @ 3:04 PM
  So I have my Grandfather's truck. I want to rebuild it and need a little help. I have started to take the fenders off and have a few questions. How on this wonderful green earth do you get the running boards off? is there bolds hidden by the bed of the truck? I have looked all over the net trying to find information with no luck. My first goal is to get to the frame and make sure its good. Any and all help is needed.

nelsb01    -- 02-13-2018 @ 4:49 PM
  The running boards are attached to the frame - and fenders by carriage bolts. The nuts are always inside the running board. So, you should see the nuts toward the rear at the front fender, toward the outside along the frame, and toward the front at that rear fender.
If it is anything different -- than somewhere along the history of the vehicle --- someone has made a change.

Hope this helps--

Bobby1937    -- 02-13-2018 @ 5:47 PM
  Thank you for your response, and there must be.. it seems to be held on by something toward the rear fender. I removed the spare tire holder thinking it was that, but its not moving. I guess I will see it when I remove the bed. If you have any dos and don'ts I'm open to them.

nelsb01    -- 02-13-2018 @ 8:54 PM
  The bed is held on by 4 bolts down each side. A carriage bolt at the front, and 3 square open head bolts on each side.
The front two have nuts on the bolts and the third one is a bolt that goes through a rectangle nut welded to the frame, and the fourth one is a nut with the bolt going through a wooden block.

Get under and look. You can file down a socket drive to fit the square headed bolts. They will probably be pretty rusted so -- use lots of liquid wrench or other rust loosener.

Bobby1937    -- 02-14-2018 @ 12:18 PM
  Awesome! I have been cutting about 95% of the bolts off. all of them rusted.

Bobby1937    -- 03-06-2018 @ 6:51 PM
  You were right. I could not see the bolt on the frame side due to rust and a frame support. Thank you again!

Bobby1937    -- 03-06-2018 @ 6:53 PM
  here is one more

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11660