Topic: '36 ford coupe key removal

onedon    -- 10-31-2017 @ 6:38 PM
  I don't have a key for my '36 coupe. I've read most of what I can find,my question is ,the pin that holds the cylinder can be drilled out how deep c an I drill it without getting into the cylinder it self. I have went about 5/16 deep. The pin is about 1/4 -5/16 in diameter. I don't think I have got into the cylinder

40 Coupe    -- 11-01-2017 @ 5:07 AM
  Your very near the end of the plug best to tap the drilled hole then insert a long threaded rod and pull the plug out, using a spacer over the rod and nut on the rod.

This message was edited by 40 Coupe on 11-1-17 @ 5:12 AM

39 Ken    -- 11-01-2017 @ 5:08 AM
  If all you need is an ignition key, just remove the door lock cylinder and use the code from that lock to have a key made. Ford practice was to use the same key for the ignition and the door. The second key is for the glove box and the trunk. I hope this info is not too late for you.
Ken

ken ct.    -- 11-01-2017 @ 6:21 AM
  You beat me to it,I was going to say the same thing. ken ct

onedon    -- 11-01-2017 @ 12:55 PM
  I need to fix the lock assembley,someone befor me broke the front toggle,is thr rear toggle and front one all in 1 piece? Sorry I probley seem pretty stupid but I've never been into one of these. Can I get the dead bolt out without removing the cylinder? That way I atleast turn the stearing wheel. Thanks Guys for your patients, took me awhile to respond had to get a tooth pulled,way worse than working on the lock!!

40 Coupe    -- 11-02-2017 @ 3:56 AM
  You can not replace the ON/OFF switch handle without removing the lock cylinder. Just as a note there is a thin small spring plate on the back of and inside the switch handle between the switch handle casting and the lock bolt, do not loose it. If you send me your email address in a PM I can send you Don Roberts description of the assembly. It could provide info.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=11340