Topic: 1937 Pickup Deluxe Hood Side Louver Trim Retainers

jameson5938    -- 07-08-2011 @ 5:04 AM
  I just purchased an original set of 1937 Ford Pickup (Deluxe) s/s Hood Side Louver Trim! I have been looking for several YEARS and just run across this pair in decent condition. If anyone knows someone who restores trim and especially any info. regarding the retainers (where I might be able to purchase some or have them made), I would greatly appreciate it!!! Now I'm just lacking one thing - another reading/map light!!! Respond to westbrook4133@knology.net or site.

James A. Westbrook

This message was edited by jameson5938 on 7-8-11 @ 5:05 AM

trjford8    -- 07-08-2011 @ 8:16 PM
  I would call Roy Nacewicz on the trim clips. To straighten the stainless I would call around to chrome shops. Many times chrome shops also straighten stainless. You might also check Hemmings in the services section.

Norm    -- 07-09-2011 @ 6:10 PM
  I assume you are talking about the stamped/pressed V8 badges that fit to the two holes drilled on each side of the hood. They belong on all '37 trucks.

Congratulations on finding a pair! They had a bad habit of falling off and are hard to find.

The badges are attached to the hood with two studs soldered to the inside/back of each badge. These are threaded and take a small nut with lockwasher on the inside of the hood. You can probably see where they were soldered on the back side of the badges. There are two types - the early version was just soldered on and fell off easily. A later version used a rudimentary clamp that kept the stud from falling off the badge.

I have the studs you want - left over from a '37 truck project that I no longer have - so I don't need the parts. If they are what you want I'll send them to you for $5.00 to pay for a USPS Priority Mail envelope.

Let me know. nmacintyre@roadrunner.com.

Norm

jameson5938    -- 07-12-2011 @ 6:20 PM
  I appreciate the great offer, but no - I am talking about the stainless steel trim pieces that went on the hood side louvers. It is approx. 1/4" wide and had little clips that I assume went through the hood louver and had some kind of retainer on the end of it! Mac's make some, but not the original type. I will check out the other suggestion.
Thanks!!!
James

James A. Westbrook

jameson5938    -- 07-14-2011 @ 6:55 PM
  Haven't had time to check out the retainers much, but did fine someone locally to restore the s/s hood side louver trim pieces at $12 per lineal foot! Sounds most reasonable to me!!! If anyone needs trim restored, I would highly recommend this man!!!

James A. Westbrook

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=3356