Topic: 1947 Ford Truck Heater Mounting Template

ole47    -- 11-16-2009 @ 7:57 AM

Does anyone know of a source for a Template for mounting a Heater into the 47 Pickup? I have a Heater that was mounted, but it was in the wrong area. It was in the center and obstructing the Cowl Vent Lever, and I would like to correct that.
Would appreciate all replies, thank you. EFV8 Member

supereal    -- 11-16-2009 @ 9:46 AM
  Most, if not all, heaters were installed as an accessory by the dealer, and were mounted slightly to the passenger side from center so they cleared the fuel pump stand and the core tubes didn't interfere with the cylinder head. I don't recall that there was a diagram or template for the job. Be sure that the spacer tubes that fit over the mounting bolts are the right size.

ole47    -- 11-16-2009 @ 2:45 PM
  Thank you for the reply. When you mention spacer tubes exactly what are you refering to, and what is their purpose. I found one kind of like a bushing on the one stud, but nothing on the other 2.

alanwoodieman    -- 11-17-2009 @ 6:27 AM
  I have a heater template that someone on this site sent me a long time ago. It is pretty big and may be best sent thru the mail. I also will take a picture or two if this will help. Spacers on the studs keep the heater away from the firewall so air will circulate around it and it wont't crush into the firewall insulation.

ole47    -- 11-17-2009 @ 9:44 AM
  To, alanwoodieman.

That sure would be appreciated, and a big help. I can't for some reason or another able to email you, as this site won't allow me to. If you want to email me here is my address. past-time@rogers.com
Also than you for the reply.

rawlir    -- 11-20-2009 @ 9:07 AM
  Hello. I sure would like a copy of a template on the heater mounting. I bought a rebuilt heater and do wonder how/where,etc to install it?
I would be happy to pay any mailing expenses, etc!
Thank you so much!
Rick Rawlings
C/O Lakeside Industries
PO Box 7016
Issaquah, WA 98027
rickr@lakesideind.com
Happy Holidays!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=318