Topic: What year do I have?,,,,He Said...She Said

duxbury    -- 10-05-2010 @ 9:17 PM
  Hello
I am new to this site.Life put my hobby on hold. I know this is such a Newbie question,but I need a solid place to start from. I would really appreciate your patience..& help. My ? is on year of my truck.Have had truck since 1983.Still a work in progress same story.
Was told it was a 45.I have "Encountered""People" unable to help me with a confirmation of exactly what year it is that I have.Title says 1945.Looks like any of the "possible" years.Anyway to decipher?,Unable to locate any ID number on frame by steering box,(was told it would be there)if it was,it's long gone.I am pretty sure it is a 114WB, was a while ago when I measured it. Sure I'll remember it.(?)
Thanks

trjford8    -- 10-06-2010 @ 8:03 AM
  It would be tough to tell without a photo. If your truck has parallel leaf springs in the front and rear it would be from 1942 on up. This body style went from 1942-47. The ID number can be found anywhere from the firewall to the front crossmember on the left frame rail. They were hand stamped on the assembly line. You might also check the right side frame rail for the ID number.The 1948 and later had the number on the right rail. I'm not knowlegeable about the 42-47 trucks, but it's possible they moved the ID number to the top of the right rail on those year trucks.

alanwoodieman    -- 10-06-2010 @ 9:44 AM
  114wb is a 1/2 ton 114" wellbase pick-up so it is 42 up

Rusty    -- 10-06-2010 @ 4:23 PM
  Isn't the number on the title? If it is a pickup as alanwoodieman suggests, the number should have a C' in the prefix, such as 18C or 99C, followed by the number. This should be on the title. If not, follow the advice of trjford8. If the box is off, you may find it on the top frame rail where the rear axle is located. Find this number and come back. Someone will assist you.
You might want to read the post about "42 pickup frame numbers" below your post.

duxbury    -- 10-07-2010 @ 7:24 PM
  Hi.
Thank You all Very much for ID/VIN info.I read the other posts on location,location,location.I was only searching in one spot, now I know to look ALL Over.I know it's 42-47.I'll have to dig up the Title to.
thanx.Dux

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=1967