Topic: 1950 Ford F1

kneilrood52@gmail.com    -- 02-17-2022 @ 8:38 AM
  I purchased a 1950 F1 a few months ago with the intention of restoring it to original. I am trying to find out what a restored to original F1 might be worth. I have searched the internet for an idea of what the price might be. I have looked at classicautotraders.com, classic cars.com, hemming.com, carsforsale.com, etc. I am ready to start on the body work and am wondering if I need to keep going. It has a flathead that runs and doesn't smoke with a 3 speed on the tree. It has the usual rust spots, running boards, upper and lower front fender seam.
This is my first restoration so I am quite new at this.

carcrazy    -- 02-17-2022 @ 10:48 AM
  Unless you have strong emotional ties to this particular vehicle, do not restore it. You will be much better off and money ahead to find either a good original or well restored vehicle. Restorations are extremely expensive and labor intensive endeavors. You will not likely be able to sell the finished vehicle for anywhere near the money you have invested in it. According to the latest NADA Price Guide, a 1950 Ford F1 is valued at somewhere between $15,700 and $64,900. You will most probably find that the amount someone is willing to pay for your completed vehicle is somewhere around the low figure.

trjford8    -- 02-20-2022 @ 7:45 AM
  I would concur with carcrazy. You can buy one done and be able to drive it now for less than restoration costs..

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 02-22-2022 @ 5:59 AM
  hi
do a price check, on what you are willing to SPEND
1st send for catalogs that covers your vehicle, and check your needs to the prices,
2nd how talented are you can do body and paint work ?
do you have alot of tools, sandblaster, big tool box,
do you have a place to work inside 2 CAR GARAGE
understanding wife,
do you have a lot of time on your hands and a have a family ?
this truck would take 2 years at the least to have it finished, doing it EVERY DAY for a few hours,
if you are young and want something to do, this will help you on the learning about restorations and how do do it,
a LEARNING EXPERENCE !
think it over
my 2 cents 37Ragtopman .Maine
you might be better to sort it out, and make a barn find that you can drive, with PATINA,

This message was edited by 37RAGTOPMAN on 2-22-22 @ 6:44 AM

42oink    -- 02-22-2022 @ 11:43 AM
  While I prefer somewhat earlier Fords, I agree with the rest. They're only original once. If those are the fenders in the box, put em on and enjoy. Just think, you wont have to worry about parking lot dings. They'll be worried about you. GREAT truck. 42OINK

HaroldL    -- 02-26-2023 @ 9:00 AM
  I agree with all. I have a 49 and I am going to drive it and not spend 1000's to fix it.
I have a request, this looks quite original. Might there be a horn under the hood? If so where. Thanks.

Harold Legreid

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=15491