Topic: Need 59AB intake vacuum adapter.

Kyzyl    -- 11-26-2020 @ 6:33 AM
  I'm looking for a vacuum adapter/connector for a 59AB flathead with a cast iron intake. Attached is a photo of the one I have, but you'll notice that the threads are stripped so it won't hold in the intake. The previous owner gooped it up with something to make it stay in. Not a good solution.

Even if I could find someone to weld more metal on the connector that I have, I can't seem to determine the thread pitch of the intake. It acts like about 7/16"-20 (which seems to start and thread into the intake just a little, but I'm not sure. I might buy a bolt to see if 7/16"-20 is correct.

For what it's worth, the only thing similar I can find on the internet (but it's not original Ford) is a carb connector from Speedway, but it claims to have ½"-20 threads, which is too big for my intake hole. Right idea, but it appears to not be the correct size.

FYI, I'm trying to keep the engine original so I'd like to find the original part, but to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that the stripped adapter that I have is original to the 59AB engine, and I can't seem to find any photos to confirm it one way or the other. The threads don't appear to match those on the intake, and if it is the original part, then why would it be stripped so badly.

Any idea as to what it was originally, and where I might find one?

Thanks for your time.

TomO    -- 11-26-2020 @ 8:07 AM
  My guess is that part was not available as a replacement. It has been a long time since I looked at the one in my garage rafters, but I believe that the original was pressed in. I will sell you the manifold with the part in it. Send me a PM with your E-Mail address and I will let you know my Black Friday price.

Tom

This message was edited by TomO on 11-26-20 @ 9:38 AM

alanwoodieman    -- 11-26-2020 @ 7:13 PM
  I have several of them, If you want pm me for one

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=14358