Topic: headlite stand to fender rubber pad 41 3/4 pu

denofiniquity    -- 09-04-2018 @ 8:37 PM
  Hey guys, I have tried the regulars like Mac's and Drake, and Carpenter etc to no avail. Anyone know where I can get the rubber pad that sits between the headlite stand and the fender of a 41 3/4 ton pickup? It is 6" long. Not the pu, but the rubber pad.
Dennis

alanwoodieman    -- 09-06-2018 @ 3:38 PM
  I used one for a 36 ford car on my 3/4 ton 41

alanwoodieman    -- 09-06-2018 @ 3:38 PM
  I used one for a 36 ford car on my 3/4 ton 41

denofiniquity    -- 09-08-2018 @ 1:57 PM
  I would do that, but my understanding from the suppliers is that those pads are 7.5 inches long, wheras the 41 3/4 ton pu is 6 inches. Of course I can cut the pad, but then I would lose the trim edge. Am I correct in thinking that?
Another question I had asked quite a long time ago, with no resolve, as of yet, is this: The engine I have installed is a 46, just like the 41.
I am using original type water pumps, original type motor mounts, as well as a n.o.s. trans mount, which mounts inside the trans crossmember and protrudes through the crossmember just a hair, maybe 1/8" the trans probably sits on the crossmember itself, which of course doesn't provide much absorbing support. So this appears as all original, ok? But what this does is lays the engine down so far in back, making the carb way out of level and driving the oil filler/breather way into the firewall. This amounts to over 2" at the trans mount, meaning the rear of the trans needs to be raised over 2" to level the carb. The only explanation I have come up with is maybe Henry thought these 3/4 ton trucks were always going down very steep hills and needed this type of mounting to have the carb level. Guess they then in return would back up the hill. I am at a loss here and just want do to whatever it takes to level the carb. (original stock manifold as well as carb.)
It is the way out of level that really bothers me. The breather can be reshaped and the carb could have a leveling spacer built for it. This particular engine came from a 40 1/2 ton and sat level.
This is my biggest peccadillo with this resto, and have been working around this for yrs, but must come to grips with it now as nearly complete. I have the green book, no specific help here.
Help!
Dennis

TomO    -- 09-10-2018 @ 7:33 AM
  It would help if you show a photo of the rear motor mount. (you call it a transmission mount)

The Chassis Parts Catalog call for the same rear motor mount cushions as the front motor mount cushions. That should level your motor.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=17&Topic=12309