Topic: 40 Mercury Dash Plastic

rradar    -- 09-13-2011 @ 11:40 AM
  Looking for complete 40 Mercury Dark Blue Plastic Dash panels. Reproduction or original in excellent condition. Repros were made some years back. Anyone know who?? Thanks, Radar

TomO    -- 09-20-2011 @ 7:27 AM
  Several people made amateur replacements over the years. I do not know of anyone currently reproducing it.

There is not enough of a market for commercial reproductions and do do each one individually is very labor intensive. The few that have tried to market their reproductions, found out that the cost is too high for most people restoring a car.

I made my own using a router, and decided that I could not justify spending the time doing it for the price that people were willing to pay.

Tom

oldguy    -- 08-10-2013 @ 8:44 AM
  Hello,
I was checking E-Bay and there is a guy who now makes them.
Oldguy

Chascwell2    -- 02-17-2014 @ 11:00 AM
  I found replacement plastic on E-Bay. the guy is a Fireman in Los Angeles and has his home in Montana. His name is Shawn and his phone number is 661-714-1584

ford38v8    -- 02-17-2014 @ 4:55 PM
  Radar, the man who made them some years ago was Jack Karlskind of Pleasanton Ca. Jack made only about a dozen, just enough to recover his investment. Those sets are long gone, and sorry to say Jack has also passed.

Alan

1940 CONVERT    -- 03-23-2014 @ 10:05 AM
  I'm pretty sure I know a guy that has one of the wood kits. If someone still needs one I can get pics. What are they going for?

rradar    -- 05-11-2014 @ 3:33 PM
  Finally located someone who is producing the 40 Merc. Dash Plastic. Here is the contact on Ebay:
Complete dash plastic sets made to order and each piece is pre-fitted to an original dash and pre drilled for installation. They are made of clear acrylic plastic and come ready to paint along with installation instructions and paint code for the original dark blue, some guys are getting the plastic chrome plated or doing custom paint. If you have a 40 mercury coupe project or early Zephyr coupe 1937-42 or rear section I'm looking for cars.

Shawn
661-714-1584
Thanks to all who sent helpful info!!!
Radar

jerandbee    -- 05-18-2014 @ 9:53 AM
  Take a look at EBay - you will see Shawn's plastic dash for $650 and another seller there with them in maple wood for about $450 = the plastic ones are identical to the ones on my 09A when I purchased all painted blue - someone told me the right and left end pieces should be "rounded" instead of cut flat like Shawn's. Not sure what is correct.

Anyway, good luck

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=16&Topic=3744