Topic: Duct Tape !

Tracker    -- 11-28-2022 @ 11:12 AM
  True story for the brethren : In the middle of no where and no cell phone service, my 1951 Mercury original flathead decides to dump a fan belt. No spare as the spare was the one that broke.

A farmer driving an ancient International pick up stops and asks if its worth $ 5.00 for him to fix it. Without hesitation I accepted the offer and was curious when he pulled a paper bag out of the truck. It was his last roll of Gorilla duct tape. He put about 6-8 wraps on the pulleys and told me it was good for the 90 miles back home if i did not drive above 15mph. Damned if it did not hold up all the way home and had to be cut off ...it could have gone a mite further. I offered him $100.00 and he refused it.. all he wanted was the price of the duct tape. Farmers and duct tape should own the world ! Tracker

This message was edited by Tracker on 11-28-22 @ 11:48 AM

Tracker    -- 11-28-2022 @ 11:52 AM
  Forgot to add : The farmer was Seth Hollins and a great big word of thanks to this kind and generous man.

He told me that the duct tape trick could also be duplicated by using womens nylon stockings. Good luck with that one but you do what you gotta do if stranded.

same    -- 11-28-2022 @ 11:55 AM

hey Tracker,ya left oot Red Green. Tom.

Tracker    -- 11-28-2022 @ 12:49 PM
  Not clear on that comment Tom ...what Red Green ?

ford38v8    -- 11-28-2022 @ 5:16 PM
  Red Green is Rube Goldberg’s first cousin twice removed.

Alan

Tracker    -- 11-29-2022 @ 1:44 AM
  It appears that I offended some people on the forum with my experience on the fan belt repairs. That was not my intent and I apologize to all who took offense. I'm out of here...sorry for the post which I would take down if I knew how but I do not. Its been a piece of heaven ...cheers

Tracker

same    -- 11-29-2022 @ 8:15 AM

Tracker,please take no offense of my comment aboot the canadian comedy tv show red green. the stars name was red green. not sure if a stage name. his big deal was the handy mans secret weapon was duct tape. seems he repaired just aboot everything with duct tape. the show was funny,all the characters were goof balls. my reference to the terms aboot was about the canadjun dialect. i met the man himself in Des Moines, Iowa at a hotel in the 1990's.nice man we had a conversation about duct tape which i switched to zip ties which i reffered to as handymans #2 secret weapon. we had a chuckle. by the way if i remember correctly red greens character was in rural setting as your experiance withe the man that helped you on the road repair. Tom.

Tracker    -- 11-29-2022 @ 4:58 PM
  Tom...thank you for the clarification. Absolutely no offense taken ,,,to the contrary I was more concerned that I had somehow transgressed into a gray area where I had given offense when in fact I was poking fun at my self for having gotten myself in to such a ridiculous situation to begin with.

I have multiple TV's but never watch any of them and did not know RED Green from Adams House Cat...I looked him up to see what he did/does to get a clue. Sorry I mis read the tea leaves so badly.

No one on this forum has been more helpful to myself and others than you over the years. I want that to continue so the mis understanding is on me and yesterdays news. Cheers ! Tracker

Shurley    -- 03-19-2023 @ 9:29 AM
  Duct tape is like the force. It's got a light, a dark side, and holds the universe together.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=16&Topic=16101