Topic: Rear view mirror

djh41    -- 10-15-2009 @ 12:17 PM
  Hi, I have been advised that if I install an outside rear view mirror on the passenger side of my '41 continental that it will not be functional from the driver side. It was suggested that I experiment with a clip on mirror and attach it to the vent window. I don't know where to start looking for a mirror and do not wish to drill any holes in the body. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks Joe

nelsb01    -- 10-15-2009 @ 1:50 PM
  Try borrowing someones 'peep' mirror. That clips on the edge of the door frame.
From what I understand -- from 1941 one, passenger side mirrors were there for only looks and the passenger.

supereal    -- 11-12-2009 @ 8:55 AM
  C&G has three versions of the "peep" mirror for $20 each. You can see them on page 222 of their on-line catalog at www.cgfordparts.com They work very well, and don't require any permanent mounting. Most right side (passenger) mirrors, such as the "swan neck" type, are used to balance the appearance of the left side mirror, and are useless for the driver. Those of us with convertibles could certainly use better rear vision with the top up.

Pickup    -- 06-11-2010 @ 6:31 PM
  I saw a video on Jay Leno's web site and he used a stick on mirror on his wind vent. It can be scr*ped off for show and is adjustable by opening and closing the vent. Rain and cold weather could present some problems

supereal    -- 06-17-2010 @ 9:56 AM
  None of the cowl mount mirrors I've seen allow the driver to see the right side one. They are mostly to allow some symmetry. Convertibles already have very limited rear vision with the top up, and we can't use the "peep" mirrors because of the door construction, but they do work well on closed cars. Driving in traffic can be difficult, to say the least, particularly with so many moron "road racers" today, without good rear vision.

butchbov    -- 07-11-2012 @ 12:10 PM
  I recently saw a right side mirror with a fisheye mirror glued to it. It woud take some getting used to, but you could see something was behind you.

faris    -- 01-23-2014 @ 1:43 AM
  Held & Associates in Kansas City handled the shipping of my two cars to Barcelona, Spain a few years ago. I am very pleased with the results. They coordinated all the duties for import, etc.

faris

faris    -- 01-23-2014 @ 1:44 AM
  Held & Associates in Kansas City handled the shipping of my two cars to Barcelona, Spain a few years ago. I am very pleased with the results. They coordinated all the duties for import, etc.

faris

woodiewagon46    -- 01-23-2014 @ 10:20 AM
  Yes, the passenger side cowl mirror is just about useless. I purchased a 2" self adhering fish eye mirror that I placed on the inside, upper right corner, of my windshield. It works well and can be purchased in any PEP Boys or Advanced Auto, ETC. Hagan Street Rods www.haganauto.com also has a variety of mirrors.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=15&Topic=147