Topic: Floormat picture?

40guy    -- 03-07-2013 @ 7:52 PM
  Mike: Could you post a picture of the new repro benton grey 40' mats? {if you have one}. Also a picture of an original mat for comparison? I just found out through this forum they are now being reproduced in the correct color and I'm considering changing my black mat. I know sometimes a picture on a computer is not exact, but I'm just looking for the general idea. Thanks in advance.

kubes40    -- 03-08-2013 @ 5:54 AM
  I attempted to get a photograph to depict the color correctly but regardless of lighting, I simply could not do justice. Chalk it up to my definite lack of photography skills.
Anyway, I can tell you the new mats are the closest thing to the authentic that has ever been reproduced. Kind of a muddy grayish brown to my eye.
I only have one NOS mat remaining and am afraid to unroll it anymore. I had it out perhaps five years ago and found even then it had faded (discolored) to a very dark shade.
I think you'll be happy with the new mat. If you're having your car point judged, as you know black is simply incorrect...

std1940    -- 03-08-2013 @ 6:33 AM
  Mike,
Which vendor is reproducing the 40 std coupe floor mat?
Thanks Tom.

FRITZ47    -- 03-08-2013 @ 9:14 AM
  I just ordered a Benton Gray mat for my 40 convertible from Dennis Carpenter, along with a new repro Taupe mat for my 36 convertible. They have not yet been received, but when in, I will see if I can get a good picture of each.

Fritz

kubes40    -- 03-08-2013 @ 12:31 PM
  Tom, Carpenter has the Benton Gray mats. I am not certain he is wholesaling them to any other vendors at this time.
Keep in mind ALL 1940 Fords had Benton Gray mats. That includes the so called "standards" (the Ford V8 models) as well as the DeLuxe models.
Mike

40guy    -- 03-08-2013 @ 2:26 PM
  Mike: Thanks for the description. Your word is good enough. I intend to order the mat. My car is a Dearborn winner from 1999. Back then they did not deduct for the black mat in my Standard. However, I still want it right.

kubes40    -- 03-08-2013 @ 3:32 PM
  In 1999 it was a commonly(albeit incorrectly) held belief that Ford made a black mat for the Ford V8 and a Gray mat for the Deluxe models. Even now, many do not realize that was not the case.
Rest assured you were not alone

std1940    -- 03-08-2013 @ 3:46 PM
  Thanks Tom.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=5801