Topic: Need '40 torque tube bearing

chrismac    -- 12-22-2010 @ 2:45 PM
  I need to replace the center torque tube bearing in my 1940 station wagon. Does anyone have or know where to find an NOS bearing or a very good used one?
Thanks,
Chris

kubes40    -- 12-22-2010 @ 6:30 PM
  Hi Chris, I have NOS (ford - OEM). I also have the KRW tool that removes and installs the bearing Makes the job so much easier.
Anyway, if you want it, let me know. $225.
Merry Christmas!
Mike

alanwoodieman    -- 12-23-2010 @ 11:58 AM
  Skip Haney, the man who rebuilds waterpumps/distributors makes a replacement bearing for the torque tube and has instructions how to build an installation tool

chrismac    -- 12-23-2010 @ 12:25 PM
  Hi Mike,
I'll take one! Send me an e mail at cemac@macallister.com with address and I'll mail you a check. Let me know the shipping cost as well.
Happy Holidays!

supereal    -- 12-24-2010 @ 10:51 AM
  Skip Haney used to offer the center bearing. You can inquire at skip@fordsrus.com

kenburke    -- 02-12-2011 @ 3:00 PM
  Hi Mike, On buying replacement bearings, (you have probably already covered this in your pending book), could you cover not only the correct part numbers (vs greenbook, plus, etc.) but what to look for as to where the bearings were manufactured. And not to get someone PO, what stores (like NAPA) would one look to first? Thanks
Ken

kubes40    -- 02-12-2011 @ 3:36 PM
  Super, Skip offered a replacement bearing kit. From what I understood, while not being a direct replacement, it worked.

Ken, I will, as I feel it prudent, to stay clear of recommending a dealer or parts store, brand, etc. for any parts. I think that can be best served within this or other V8 Ford forums. Although I have my list of favorite vendors and a list of those I would NOT give a .01ยข to I feel it only fair that you and others not be swayed by my opinions and / or personal experiences.

I WILL do my absolute best to include proper part numbers and VERY detailed descriptions of the correct part(s) for our 40 Fords. I will also be steering clear of telling what should NOT be present on parts. Things like the reproduction manufacturer's names, etc.
I feel strongly that by detailing what SHOULD be present will give the reader a wonderful grasp on what should NOT be there...

Kind regards,
Mike Kubarth

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=2335