Topic: Removing rear window glass/ regulator

old 40 guy    -- 10-28-2010 @ 1:26 PM
  I am replacing window glass in a 1940 Ford tudor sedan deluxe model. Door glass removal was OK, but I am having difficulty with the rear side windows. The very limited access area below the window leads me to think that some kind of rotation is required to remove glass and regulator. What is the sequence of steps to remove glass and regulator ?? Are there more than the six obvious screws to be removed ??
Thanks

old 40 guy    -- 11-01-2010 @ 8:43 AM
  Problem solved thanks to Gary in Wilmington, DE. Removal of window and regulator starts with losening but not removing the 6 screws that hold the regulator, and with the window in the up position, but not fully closed. There is circular hole in inside panel that exposes a set screw that functions as a regulator "stop" to help in moving window backward to the "smoker ventilation" position. Removal of set screw through the access hole enables you to crank the regulator so that the forward regulator arm slides off the window channel. I then inserted a heavy screwdriver through the access hole and under the window channel to hold it up, removed the 6 screws. This permitted regulator to move forward so that I could remove the remaining regulator arm from window channel and drop it down out of the window cavity. Window glass and channel are removed upward and out of the car from the inside. I don't know if this is the proper solution, but it worked. I'll let you know how the re-install goes after the car returns from the body shop in the spring (I hope). If anybody has helpful hints on the reinstall, please let me know.

beau    -- 11-14-2010 @ 6:17 PM
  Ok guy's this is really helpful,,,, but when we installed in the reverse order neithewr window will roll up correctly,, hints, adjustments ???

trjford8    -- 11-14-2010 @ 7:58 PM
  The window may not roll up correctly until you install the garnish moulding. The garnish keeps the glass centered as it rolls up.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=2092